Monday, September 14, 2009

Drunk Blogging...



This is the seventh heaven street to me
Dont be so proud
Youre just another angel in the crowd
And Im walking in the wild west end
Walking with your wild best friend
Well... yeah.  You hadda be there.  Walkin' in the wild West End... walkin' with your wild best friend.  Many times, in fact.  And there we shall leave it lie.


Update, later that same night (2130 hrs):  Yeah... and this, too:



Knowing many, loving none,
Bearing sorrow havin' fun,
But back home he'll always run
To sweet Melissa... mmm...
Dang.  This single malt is GOOD, as is tonight's music.  Ah... you hadda (shoulda) be there...  "with sweet Melissa"...

And hard on the heels of the last (about 2145 hrs)...





I just wanna know how Pandora can get into your head so easily?  How does this happen, really?
The morning sun when its in your face really shows your age
But that don't worry me none in my eyes you're everything
I laughed at all of your jokes my love you did'nt need to coax
Oh, Maggie I could'nt have tried any more
You lured me away from home, just to save you from being alone
You stole my soul and that's a pain I can do without

heh.  Oh, HELL yeah... 

And then... 2330 hrs:





So... there we are, northbound on the Southfield Freeway... she's just picked me up at the airport after I've been away on a two week biz trip... Dave Matthews comes on the radio... I reach over and touch her knee... we smile.  And the video above doesn't come close to the reality as we know it, once we're home. (sigh... yet again)


0115 hrs... and we shall end the evening with this:




Here I stand head in hand
Turn my face to the wall
If she's gone I can't go on
Feelin' two-foot small

Everywhere people stare
Each and every day
I can see them laugh at me
And I hear them say

Hey you've got to hide your love away
Hey you've got to hide your love away

How can I even try
I can never win
Hearing them, seeing them
In the state I'm in

How could she say to me
Love will find a way
Gather round all you clowns
Let me hear you say

Hey you've got to hide your love away
Hey you've got to hide your love away
  Heh.  And so it goes.  And to all: a good night.

2 comments:

  1. I loved Maggie May and the kissing vid. Nice memory you have there. Passionate kissing is wonderful. In the truest sense of that overused word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, A. I probably should have chosen another title for this post... like "Blogging While Listening to Pandora" or some such. I wasn't really sloshed... just sipping a bit o' the malt whilst surfin' and listening to Pandora's Van Morrison station. The collection of vids I posted are all the result of having heard that particular tune on The P and then going searching for it on YouTube.

    I'm easily amused. :D

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.