Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Decision Tree

From the latest edition of cigar.com's monthly newsletter/magazine (click for larger):

Now I doubt I'll actually use this chart... as I have my favorite brands... but I thought it was a better decision flow-chart than most others I've seen. Why? Because these are real-world decisions that must be made... e.g., AC/DC or Rolling Stones? Mild or full-bodied single malt? Filet mignon or NY strip? Aston-Martin or Ford pickup? Well, OK... that last is a bit much. Not many of us are in the Aston-Martin class, but I'm sure most of us would like to be (is there anyone who's ever seen a James Bond movie and didn't lust after his DB5? I don't think so...). There's also one other flaw... what if you like both? Then what? Still and even: cute, eh?

By the way... I should buy the Series '68, based upon coffee, smooth, sweet and creamy ==> single malt ==> Full ==> Rolling Stones. But I
would smoke Tabasco if I could dry it and roll it. I've smoked stranger stuff.

(Heh. Where's your mind? I meant things like
this, of course. And worse... which is to say Turkish Askeri cigarettes, which cost five kurush per pack, back in the day. And Omigawd... the stench. Explanation: 100 kurush = one Turkish Lira; the exchange rate at that time was approximately 20 lira to the dollar. You do the math... those Askeri cigarettes were cheaper than dirt, and about as flavorful.)

7 comments:

  1. I know nothing about cigars - never heard of a Padilla other than some good friends in NM, but the chart is interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Wall Street/Scarface thing is a bit of a hangup, because I couldn't give a hoot about either (glad I didn't have to pick between Stones and AC/DC for the same reason), so depending on which way I go there, it's either a '32 or a '48.

    ReplyDelete
  3. '48 for me, and an easy route to it, too. No tough decisions at all.

    Great flowchart, in any case. Very entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lou: I posted this coz I liked the questions... I've never had a Padilla, either.

    Andy: I felt the same way about the movie question. I pretty much feel that way about ALL movies made after, say, 1980.

    Jim: Yeah... my decisions were easy, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Ceegar smoking is down this summer Buck, to many baseball games, outside painting, and not enough time...but still have my stash, and plan on getting to it now that I'm between baseball umpiring and football officiating. I also see it's pretty dang hot down your way. 98.7...been a cool summer in Ohio.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband got a ginornmous shipment of stogies yesterday. He hasn't been smoking any inh quite awhile. Maybe he's trying to get off the dip!

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pat: We're back to normal as far as temps go... but earlier we had a VERY cool Spring. Unusually cool.

    Moogie: A new shipment of cigars is ALWAYS a cause for celebration, innit?

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.