Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Today's Funny and a Visitor

As I said the other day: Good on them Blue Dogs. But the Leftie-Libs are pissed... from The Hill:
Liberal frustration started to boil over in the House on Tuesday as negotiations over healthcare reform with centrist Blue Dog Democrats dragged into a second week.

The delay prompted Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.) to lash out at the Blue Dogs as hypocritical and even hint that more liberal Democrats might challenge them in primaries.

[...]

Seven Blue Dogs on the House Energy and Commerce Committee have effectively blocked the panel from working on the bill for more than a week, saying it’s too expensive and puts too much of a burden on small employers.

Asked if she would recruit more liberal candidates to run against Blue Dogs, Waters said, “That’s normally not done.”

But she added: “There may be people out there listening and observing all of this who may get motivated based on what they’re seeing and throw their hat into the ring.”
What Ms. Waters fails to understand is the Blue Dogs ain't from California... they're from conservative districts and were elected as such. That's the problem with Big-City, Blue State Dems... they really don't understand how the people in Flyover Country think and feel. And they really don't want to...

Toon from the usual source.

―::―

In local news... I found this critter on my door this morning (click for larger):

I'm normally a "live and let live" kinda guy but I think this beastie will have to die. It committed the ultimate critter-crime: You DON'T invade MY space. He's a big sucker, too. This calls for chemical warfare.

13 comments:

  1. I didn't need that spider today, Buck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me neither. He's passed on to spider heaven now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wise choice.

    Where I grew up there's more an infestation of slugs than anything else. Any spiders you see could gnaw on you as long as they wanted, and cause nothing more serious than a mosquito bite. Down in this Badlands region, which you share with me, a whole different situation applies and therefore a whole different set of rules applies.

    (Comma stricken from that last run-on sentence.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmmmmm. I'm not a bug-killin' kind of guy, but he is (was) a nasty-looking one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morgan: We DO have some nasty creepy-crawlies down this way, but they generally keep to their own space. That said, the bug population is relatively low compared to other places I've lived. I've never seen a cockroach in these parts, as an example.

    Jim: As I said... I'm normally a live and let live sort, especially where spiders are concerned... as they eat a lot of undesirables. But this guy had to go...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent spider-invasion deterrent! My husband comes home from walking Bouie covered in spuider webs and shaking with the creeps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't mind spiders as a rule - they eat bugs and god knows we have plenty of those around these parts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My wife will have me kill bugs but never spiders unless they're brown recluses.

    She says spiders eat "bugs", and of course, they do.

    Often she'll have me capture them and put them outside. And just as often, she'll just have me shoo them out of her sight.

    Or she'll even do it.

    The only animal that creeps her out is snakes. She said she was the girl in summer camp chasing the other girls around with a daddy long legs dangling from her hand. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. "(Comma stricken from that last run-on sentence.)"

    I caught that, Morgan, and I'm still laughing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. MissBirdlegs in AL29 July, 2009 19:02

    I didn't need that spider pic, either. From the looks of the web, he was quite busy during the night. IMO, the only good spider is a DEAD spider! They have entirely too many legs & they can move too fast. Bugs don't scare me much & although I don't LOVE snakes, they won't make me hurt myself getting away from them like a spider will. In fact, just a spiderweb will make me jerk a knot in my neck. Glad there's one less I need to worry about. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Personally, spiders don't bother me too much. However, the four lady denizens of Che Buckskins have a completely different take. You should hear the screams when an arachnid makes an appearance...

    Sheesh!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Moogie: I get creeped out when I run into a web, too. It ain't a fun thing to do!

    Kris: I don't mind spiders, either... as a rule... and I share space with quite a few inoffensive (and small) spiders who live in my bathroom. But this guy was particularly evil looking... and quite large. So I pronounced sentence and carried it out.

    Phil: This guy would have lived if he had remained outdoors. But I wasn't about to attempt a capture exercise!

    MissBL: See above, for the most part. Critters generally don't bother me at all...

    BR: The Second Mrs. Pennington was the polar opposite of your women. We had some amazing spiders on prem when we lived in OK and she delighted in watching them... all the time! One of her more interesting adventures was when she caught a Black Widow in a jar and brought it to me... "Here... look what I found!" she said. "Aiiieee!" said I... :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. A spider in the house is a dead spider. Outside is okay, but he better keep his distance.

    I heard on public radio that some-billion had been trimmed off the health bill and that it will go to the "small vote."

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.