Thursday, July 02, 2009

(Sigh)

Procrastination 'R' Us. Our laundry bag is overflowing and has been for over a week. We're deep into the vintage tee shirt supply. And yet we can't muster up sufficient motivation to hie ourselves off to that worst of all places... the laundromat. I'm thinking it has something to do with the weather, for lack of a better excuse. It couldn't be that I'm lazy, of course. Unh-unh. Never.

I hate it when this happens. But I kinda-sort enjoy dipping into the vintage tees... and here's what we're wearing today (as ever: click to embiggen):

That's a map of the Moscow subway system, picked up in the mid-90s when I was in the capital of the former Evil Empire on a biz trip. Here's a detail shot:

If the map layout reminds you of something... well, it should.

And don't ask me what all that Cyrillic stuff sez. I have NO idea. I can tell you that riding the subway as a functional illiterate was sorta exciting... in that you never really knew where your stop was, or if you got off at the correct station. But it was quite the experience.

5 comments:

  1. Heh. For a moment I thought it was the BERLIN subway system. Then I saw all the Cyrillic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks kinda like an once-and-former Evil Empire whirlygig!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Down to vintage T's - I usually run out of jeans and underwear long before I run out of t-shirts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love T-shirts. I buy them all the time in many places that I go, even though I have dozens already. They're cheap, they last almost forever, and the vintage ones tell the story of my life and make statements about who I am. Can't get much more of a bargain that that these days.

    Laundry - that's another topic. *UGH*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christina: The funny thing about subway maps is that MOST of them look quite a bit alike!

    Moogie: That it DOES!

    Lou: That's because you probably DO stuff in your jeans. I just wear mine when I have to go somewhere. But tee shirts are on all the time, regardless.

    Sharon: We're of like minds. But I wear the danged things out, though. I wish I had some of my old tour shirts from the 60s-70s-80s... some were quite classic. But I reduced them to rags...

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.