Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Yet MORE Blatant Thievery

Stolen from a comment by Joan of Argghh at Lex's place... a visual aid for those concerned about the fiscal effects of the latest round of bail-outs, which begins with the dimensions of a single dollar bill and progresses to this:


And moves to this, with a few intermediate stops:

And ends with an illustration of what a stack of one-dollar bills totaling $315 billion looks like. Now multiply that by THREE and you have the approximate size of the "stimulus" The One is proposing. Where the HELL is all that money gonna come from? I'm thinking the Chinese just may have had enough of this shi'ite... defined as our profligate ways... so my question remains: "Where's it gonna come from?"

This fiscal irresponsibility is rapidly becoming the ONE thing that scares the livin' BeJeezus out of me... more so than the threat of terrorism. And it's a self-inflicted wound.

9 comments:

  1. Just amazing isn't it! I went thru the link from Joan's comment as well - and was gobsmacked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya... amazing, indeed. TOO good to pass up. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's absolutely staggering and you know that first $350 Billion just kind of evaporated, you know 'poof' and it was gone. Did you notice how well it worked?? And no one took notice of its effects on the economic conditions.

    They should just fly around with helicopters dropping the money out the doors for all the good it does.

    BT: Jimmy T sends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you gots tumbleweeds...the gubmints gots money.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know why they don't just send helicopters across the US and throw money out - that would be better stimulus and spread the wealth around a bit more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jimmy: I HEAR ya... loud and clear.

    Jay: What scares me, tho, is the gub'mint's money might not be as valuable as my tumbleweeds after all this is over.

    Cynthia: You and Jimmy T are on the same wavelength. Me three.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great. I begin to get my own house in (new) order, just in time for the rest of the world to crumble around me. I'm beginning to think the soundest investment may be ammunition. (Was that out loud?)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We're in it deep.

    I feel sorry for my unborn grandchildren already.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Doc sez: Great. I begin to get my own house in (new) order, just in time for the rest of the world to crumble around me.

    I feel much the same way. I've survived downturns before but I'm a whole HELLUVA lot older now. Watching my 401(k) shed a third of its value makes me positively ILL. That... and the fear of hyper-inflation, Weimar-style. Gah.

    Daphne: You're right on the money (no pun...), as usual.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.