Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Eye Candy

Vanity Fair has a photographic reprise of 2008 on its web site which is quite unlike most any other "Best of (the year in question)" articles I've ever seen. And the best shots are of a type indicated by this post's title. An example:

Captioned: "April 2008: Sarah Silverman, Tina Fey, and Amy Poehler as the three graces. Photograph by Annie Leibovitz; styled by Michael Roberts and Jessica Diehl."

In the "For what it's worth and it ain't worth much" department... I've been a fan of Annie Leibovitz since she became Rolling Stone's house photographer sometime back in the '70s. The woman is simply brilliant and is perhaps the best photographer of our time. Bar none.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful! No wonder you dared to make such a comment about my precious hockey team on my blog. You were delusional by the sheer beauty of the photo. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wouldn't Sarah Palin have looked better in that position!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, you read VF?!!

    That's so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle: I didn't say a single thing about your team... I just said that free-agent trade was working really well for the Wings. ;-)

    Mushy: I'm thinking Palin wasn't available. But she'd look good in most any position, when you come right down to it.

    Phlegmmy and Daphne: Thank ya, Ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just going to take a peek at the pics on the VF link, but I ended up looking at all 34 photos. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Exactly! Mentioning the Red Wings on a Pen fan's blog is blasphemous. lol! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lou: Those are GREAT pics, aren't they?

    Michelle: You left yourself open, Girl. YOU were the one that brought up the trade, not me! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.