Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Thievery

I don't do this often... as a s'matter of fact, I DO believe this is a first here at EIP. But here's a complete post, in its entirety, that Lex put up yesterday:

MONTGOMERY - Alabama Governor Bob Riley urged his citizens to remain calm on Tuesday, one day after Wal-Mart stores across the state reported a run on ammunition stocks. Pistol and rifle cartridges were out of stock in stores everywhere, although birdshot could still be had in Auburn, Birmingham and here in the capital.

Interviewed in the street, one grim faced citizen told this reporter that while the Russians may have steamrollered through Georgia, “They sure as hell ain’t doing it to Alabama.”

Roll Tide.

No link, no cite... just what you see. Dunno if it's real or if it's Lex's own brand of Memorex, but it sure as Hell is FUNNY! Unless you happen to be from somewhere down there in 'Bama, at which point you might take offense. In which case: Suck it up.

Update... later that same day (as it's said), from Lex's comments:

  • Buck // Aug 27, 2008 at 1:58 pm

    What? No link? Or didja just fabricate this yourownself, Lex? I SO wanna steal this…

  • 24 lex // Aug 27, 2008 at 4:13 pm

    I was inspired by Miss Birdlegs, from Alabama. Who I know wouldn’t mind if you borrowed this.


Well... there ya have it. Miss Birdlegs gets the credit for concept; Lex gets multiples for director, producer, and star. And Capt. Lex is being most kind with his phrasing, ain't he?

8 comments:

  1. The Russians could never take and hold any objective in a Southern US state. We can mobilize the largest fleet of armed pickup trucks the world has ever seen at a moment's notice.

    - bc, North Carolina expat

    ReplyDelete
  2. When this whole Georgia/Russian thing started 2 or 3 weeks ago, Shelby (who as you know is 11) read the headlines and immediately became concerned for her grandparents, aunts and uncles who all live around Atlanta. We got a big kick out of it at her expense. Poor kid. LOL!

    On the note of Russians invading: I may have asked you this before, but have you ever seen Red Dawn? Has Patrick Swayze, Charlie Sheen, and others before they were really famous. Awesome movie. Hubby saw some of it being filmed when he was a boy and were going camping by Las Vegas, NM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barry: I'm thinking the southwest just might give you Good Ol' Boys a run for yer money! But you might have an edge, given as how we're so sparsely populated. ;-)

    Jenny: Poor Shelby! But, Hey! A great geography lesson, no?

    I haven't seen Red Dawn. You'd be VERY hard pressed to name a single movie I've seen in the last ten years. I can only count four, and two of 'em were Jack Nicholson movies. For the record: "Miracle," "About Schmidt," "Something's Gotta Give," and "LOTR." I do believe that's IT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, Red Dawn is from the 80's. It's over 20 years old, so I thought chances were a little better that you may have seen it. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good point. But... I went off movies right around the time Top Gun came out (immediately after, as I did see TG in a theater). Was that before or after Red Dawn?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was funny! I'm not sure how I'm getting so far behind in my blog reading, but it is what it is.

    I haven't seen Red Dawn either. Me, I think the Russians may be able to take California and New York, and maybe Florida, but there's still enough good ol' boys across the rest of the nation that they sure wouldn't get very far. The Southwest included.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Buck! Thanks for the link to Lex... I really liked his site too... I got all caught up in reading about the XP-63 Manned Target Aircraft! Hope you are well... I have been off-line for a week or so... trying to catch up! Thx for the laughs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thx for the laughs!

    Any time, Alison... we're here to serve! And ain't Lex GREAT?

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.