Thursday, July 10, 2008

Yet Another Meme

Jim The Suldog tagged me with this one…
The meme has the following rules:

1 – Write the title to your own memoir using exactly six words.

2 – Post it on your blog.

3 – Link to the person who tagged you.

4 – Tag five other bloggers.
Hmmm. A memoir. Is that like an armoire, only smaller? Or bigger, as the case might be? So… after giving this much thought (really: ten minutes worth, at least) I came up with a few options. First:
Bikes. Broads. Beer. That was IT!
But that makes me sound like some sort of n’eer-do-well “Wild One” type. Which isn’t entirely true. Close, but not entirely true. A variation on that theme occurred to me:
Wine. Women. Song. Other stuff, too.
Nah. What about:
There and Back Again. Many Times.
Nah, again. I think Tolkien owns the copyright, anyway. So… there’s this:
A Life In Shades o’ Blue.
That’s getting closer! USAF blue, EDS blue (It’s a color. Really. I had a swatch pinned to my cube wall, once upon a time.), Da Blooze, and too MUCH blue in later life. But I think it's waaay too...ummm... cute. So, we finally came upon this:
Celebrating 60 Years of Absolute Mediocrity!
Hey! Does that work, or what? But I think it’s too self-deprecating. So… the winner is…
Bikes. Broads. Beer. That was IT!
Never second-guess inspiration.
Now for the five tag-ees…
Feel free to play along, even if I didn’t tag ya! You know you want to...

11 comments:

  1. Nice job, Buck. I kinda dug the "Shades of blue" one, actually :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the shades of blue one as well. Our plant-well, the machines at least--are painted "A-Coil Blue". It's a real color. Honest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geeks in Sincere Suits: A Life

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's mine, don't think I'll blog it though: Doing things I never thought possible.

    LOL! You'll understand how that works on all kinds of levels.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I kind of like the mediocrity one - sounds like my life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Jim. Interesting what ya can come up with in ten minutes, eh? ;-)

    Becky: I believe ya about "A-Coil Blue." What's an A-Coil?

    Barry: Well done, Sir!

    Laurie: I DO understand, and ya knew I would... The road to happiness has some strange quirks and bends in it, doesn't it!?!

    Lou: The "mediocrity" one nearly won. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  7. two days...TWO DAYS i've been considering this one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. An A-Coil is the style of evaporator coils we make where I work. They are called that because they roughly resemble a capital A.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Answer coming Buck. You may want to check your code on the post--all the folks you tagged seem to be wrapped in one anchor pointing to Phlegmmy. :-)

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the answer, Becky.

    Thanks for pointing out the link errors, Doc. Fixed.

    You're on vacation, Jay! Get to this when ya get back home!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Answer posted. And I see that Barry's answer is already up as a comment. I never claimed to have a lot of friends, just some really good ones. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.