Friday, June 06, 2008

From the Parade…

…which was live-blogged, after a fashion (read as: from in front of his teevee), by Shawn Windsor, a Freep writer. Speaking of which: all photos below (and their captions) from the Detroit Free Press. But I couldn't agree more with this bit of commentary:
It's unbelievable. It's unreal. It's special. It's incredible. All these people. All this red. The players are all saying the same thing. Goosebumps.
"You never get used to this," Holmstrom is saying.

He just said it will be even more fun next year. I'm not sure, but that sounds like a guarantee. And who would be surprised if they did? Just about everyone is back. The key players show no sign of slipping. In fact, the best two offensive players, Henrik Zetterberg and Pavel Datsuyk, are entering their prime.
I guess what I'm saying is, this parade could go on for years.
And now... pics!
Red Wings captain Nicklas Lidstrom hold the Stanley Cup high as he travels down Woodward during the team's victory parade.
Red Wings forward Valtteri Filppula and his guest (ed: WOW!) waves to the crowd during the Stanley Cup championship parade.
Fans gathered at Hart Plaza to wait for their hockey heroes, the Red Wings, travel down the parade route on Woodward.
Red Wings fans lined Woodward early this morning for the Stanley Cup championship parade.
More photos at the link.

4 comments:

  1. Red Wings forward Valtteri Filppula and his guest (ed: WOW!) waves to the crowd during the Stanley Cup championship parade.

    I was thinking the same thing you were (WOW), but probably for very different reasons. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No doubt! I think more women would be hockey fans if they paid more attention to (some of) the players. False teeth and all... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like I have been gone somewhere far away and missed several days of blog comments.

    The first thing I did Thursday morning was look for the score of the hockey game - and breathed a sigh of relief:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like I have been gone somewhere far away and missed several days of blog comments.

    The first thing I did Thursday morning was look for the score of the hockey game - and breathed a sigh of relief:)


    I didn't think OKC was all that far away!! And thanks for that sigh of relief. You missed a great, great game, Lou.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.