Sunday, May 11, 2008

A Re-Run

Only coz it's timely and appropriate... From last year:

Happy Mother's Day!

Ah…dog poop. Probably one of the (very) minor reasons my second marriage failed…coz The Second Mrs. Pennington was largely in charge of the particularly odious chore—following behind three dogs, including two pretty good-sized ones—let’s say about 90% of it. And she never hesitated to point out that fact to me. But then again, maybe not. TSMP killed both dogs that were left in our home the week she found out she was pregnant with SN3 (not literally, of course. The vet did the actual dirty work.) She left two years later and hadn’t picked up a whole helluva lot of dog poop…none, in fact… during the intervening time. But I digress. Even though there’s a story in there.

The Mom’s Day image comes from new-to-me blog TGAW…who has great pics of Glacier National Park, in addition to providing me with this “wouldn’t it be great but it would NEVER frickin’ happen in real life” Mom’s Day illustration. Thanks (ed: again!), TGAW Vicky!!

Remind me to write about Glacier…some day.

But, seriously. Happy Mother’s Day to all my favorite Moms, and even to those who aren’t my favorites. I’ll remain cryptic on that last.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the Mom Day wishes. Last year we got Zoe on Mother's Day. She makes some gigantic dog poop, but I sure love her.

    When someone becomes dissatisfed in their mind (and it is in the mind where the discontent originates), it doesn't matter what sets off the bomb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the Mother's day wishes also, it was a pretty good one considering...

    As for the poo.. it is a never ending chore... that I'm teaching my kids to do. Stuntman's idea of cleaning it up is running it over with the lawnmower, so the job has been mine for the last 13 years... but he usually feeds them. He gets the input, I get the output. Maybe not fair, but it works :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, most of us Moms are pretty easy to please. Thanks for the Mother day wish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks from me again :)
    the poo is not an issue for us, the dog has lots of woods and he's so little you can never find it anyway. :) Now when we had Jackson, whoo! that's another story, that's one of the reasons he lives with someone else now. heh heh
    As far as how I was treated yesterday, I have to laugh, I'll bet Shaun asked me at least 10 times how I was feeling through out the day. I think there may have been a little guilt about no flowers or anything. We ended up at the movies watching "Iron Man" I can think of worse ways to spend the day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like all y'all had a good Mom's Day... and that's a good thing!

    I should do one of those blog poll thingies about "who picks up the dog poop at YOUR house?" Then again, I think I already know the answer... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the Mother's Day wishes!! Very nice of you!

    But the poor pooches! I side with Susan's hubby and run over it with the lawnmower (since my pooch has since destroyed/lost the pooper scooper). I have 1,200 acres for him to poop on, and he likes the yard the best. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Buck, that's why you buy SERIOUS acreage before getting another dog. Luckily, they prefer to remote poop unless caught short ... at least so far, so good.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.