Saturday, May 10, 2008

The Clever and The Cute... In Exactly That Order

Dunno if you’ve seen this Heineken ad…but here’s your chance:
Good, innit? The ad, I mean. I’ll drink Heineken in a pinch, but I’ve never sampled their light beer. I’m philosophically opposed to the concept of “lite,” be it food, soft drinks, or what-have-you… but MOST especially when it comes to beer. The only decent acceptable light beer I’ve ever drank was Labatt Blue Light. And I didn’t make it a habit. But The Second Mrs. Pennington did…note the empties stacked in the corner of our garage, back in the day.
Now I’m NOT saying TSMP had an issue with alcohol or anything — far from it. She’s just a good ol’ gal who enjoys her beer. My kinda woman, in other words. But you knew that, Gentle Reader.
―:☺:―
Today’s Pic: Great grand-baby Taurean held at arm’s length by Mom Amanda, whom I’m sure was trying unsuccessfully to get out of the picture. The end result is you get all of Taurean and half of Amanda. More’s the pity, eh? I may be biased as all get-out, but I DO believe Amanda is as beautiful as any young woman I’ve ever seen. The girl has a killer smile!
And here you thought TSMP and SN3 was Today’s Pic… dint ya? Fooled ya.

9 comments:

  1. Ah, now I can see why it's hard to forget the gal. I've always had a soft spot in my heart for women who drink beer. Good fer her.

    But of course this where you and I have different "cupsa". I have the "daddy fridge" out on the balcony stocked with St. Pauli Girl as I type these very words. BitterBeerFace for me anytime.

    That's a great ad. Togetherness, brotherhood, all of us enjoying our camaraderie as we live the gift of life as God's children; what beer is all about, or should be.

    A purely conservative drink, for those who believe the universal symbiotic relationship already exists, and we don't need a gummint program to manufacture one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The great grandbaby is beautiful! her mama is, too (need more pictures of her, but I could tell that smile is fantastic. Something I don't have, a good smile for pictures).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd seen that commercial before. I'm not a beer drinker, but I do like that one.

    The babies are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morgan sez: Ah, now I can see why it's hard to forget the gal.

    ...

    A purely conservative drink, for those who believe the universal symbiotic relationship already exists, and we don't need a gummint program to manufacture one.


    VERY well said on the last, Morgan. Reminds me of Franklin's "Beer is proof God loves us."

    And yeah... forgetting a gal who LOVES beer (among other things. But: you should have seen us in England...) ain't that easy.

    Jenny sez: The great grandbaby is beautiful! her mama is, too (need more pictures of her, but I could tell that smile is fantastic. Something I don't have, a good smile for pictures).

    That would be his mama, Jenny. ;-)

    And I beg to differ: I think you have a fetching smile.

    Becky sez: I'd seen that commercial before. I'm not a beer drinker, but I do like that one.

    The babies are adorable!


    Why, thank ya, Ma'am!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What I'd really like to see in that commercial is for someone to walk up an stick a cold one in the hands of some Islamic Terrorist, while one is strapping on a TNT belt.....now that would get the PC crowd, not to mention the Middle Eastern nutjobs fired up!

    But alas, never gonna happen GI, after all, it's a Politically Correct world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...now that would get the PC crowd, not to mention the Middle Eastern nutjobs fired up!

    That would be interesting, Pat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The minute I saw the GGB photo, I knew who it was. My first thoughts were "what a cute baby" and "wow, Amanda is just gorgeous!"

    I had not seen that commercial; it was a good one. I thought all great dates were beer drinkers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. very cool pics! I too, am philosophically opposed to some beers, basically anything in a green bottle is mule pee.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lou sez: I thought all great dates were beer drinkers.

    Methinks you're RIGHT, Lou. ;-)

    Jay sez: ...basically anything in a green bottle is mule pee.

    That's a reasonable rule of thumb where some beers (Heinie, Rolling Rock come to mind) are concerned. There are some exceptions, though.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.