Saturday, September 08, 2007

Bad Day at the Big House

Wow. It’s a real bad day in A2 Michigan is down to Oregon by a bunch: 32-7, at the half. This after last week’s shocking loss to Appalachian State... possibly the biggest upset and worst loss in college football, ever.

Big Blue was ranked Number Five in the pre-season polls. Who’d a thunk it?

Can't say I'm not indulging in just a lil bit of schadenfreude. Coz Notre Dame is having (and will continue to have) a bad year, too. Misery loves company.

3 comments:

  1. Being a Buckeye fan(although Ohio University was my hangout)...we would hate to lose Lloyd Carr....he's now our favorite coach(as I imagine John "Chicken" Cooper was yours during his OSU days).

    UM looked real bad today....real bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched a bit of the Michigan-Oregon game. I didn't have a dog in that fight, so I didn't stay until the bitter end. Cody said, "They have football in Michigan?"

    Notre Dame is definitely having a rough year. Good news, for me at least, Texas won and LSU is leading 24-0 at the half.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pat: Michigan DID look bad today -- terribly bad. As a Detroit resident for ten years, I think it's gonna be VERY interesting to watch the Carr debate unfold over the next few. If UoM loses to ND next week Carr just might be toast. Michiganders are pretty pragmatic people, and they also hate LOSING.

    Becky: Your teams did well yesterday. LSU is looking like a pro team, in that they're so good they're scary (in the words of one commentator I heard last evening). I haven't seen much of Texas so far, but see that they had a bit of a squeaker yesterday.

    ND played better than I expected yesterday, but they still lost. ND's offense is just pathetic...their defense, OTOH, is pretty danged good.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.