Sunday, December 03, 2006

It's Florida

From ESPN:

Florida beat Michigan on Sunday in the only game that mattered.

The Gators, who lobbied hard for this victory, were picked to play No. 1 Ohio State for college football's Tostitos BCS Championship Game, ending any chance for the Wolverines to get the rematch they so desired and thought they deserved.

After the numbers were crunched, it was Florida -- barely. The Gators had a BCS average of .944, and the Wolverines were close behind at .934. The teams were tied in the computer rating, but Florida had a 38-point lead in the Harris poll and a 26-point advantage in the coaches' poll.

Well… that sucks, to use the vernacular. But I expected it.

4 comments:

  1. Well Buck we tried to spoils Florida's shot but our Special Teams let us down. Who fields a punt on the 3 yard line...grrrr! (Momentum buster). Anyway, here's what's going to happen (As I see it) for what that's worth. Florida will beat Ohio State, barely, and Michigan will whip USC and there will be a Co-Champion, Like the last time LSU and I believe USC shared the highlight. Another black-eye for the anti-college play-off system folks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really think Florida is gonna beat Ohio State, Dale? I think OSU is gonna beat the stuffing out of Florida...it won't even be close! OTOH, I think Michigan-USC will be close. But Michigan will win. And LSU will thrash Notre Dame...

    We really DO need a play-off system, but I'm danged if I know how it would work...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...and I watched the Arkansas - Florida game, btw. And I cringed on that punt cluster-**** and subsequent Fla TD. If not for that...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Buck on this one - sorry Dale.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.