Saturday, October 07, 2006

Well... I'll BE!

How ‘bout them Tigers!?! No one, and I mean no one, thought this would happen: the Tigers eliminate the Yankees, 3 games to 1, with an 8 – 3 win today. And you’d think they won the World Series, from the reaction of the crowd. What an amazing sight! Detroit sports fans just have to be the world’s very best, bar none. And that includes English football rowdies, too.

From a team that lost their division on the last day of the regular season (after leading nearly all year) to the ALCS. One had to think the Tigers collapse would continue into the post-season, but it obviously didn’t. The Yankees are stunned. Hell, I'm stunned!

On to Oakland!

2 comments:

  1. My Spousal Unit is from Traverse City. She is jazzed about the Tigers, and I am happy for her!

    However, having been an Oakland fan since 1968, I have seen them come and go. I know that I will see the tiny Oakland A's give Detroit a great run. And an early end to Detroit's great season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, dc... The consensus view from ESPN's talking heads is Detroit will beat the A's. But, then again, those same talking heads said the Yankees were gonna clean Detroit's clock.

    It should be a good series, though. I can't wait!nfpocu

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.