Monday, June 19, 2006

What Are These, Anyway?


(click for larger)

Those nifty little pics above are graphic representations of this blog. I’m not exactly sure what it all means, other than the fact I use a lot of block quotes and include a lot of links. The one intense cluster of orange (block quotes) has me amazed and mystified...

What do the colors mean?
blue: for links (the A tag)
red: for tables (TABLE, TR and TD tags)
green: for the DIV tag
violet: for images (the IMG tag)
yellow: for forms (FORM, INPUT, TEXTAREA, SELECT and OPTION tags)
orange: for linebreaks and blockquotes (BR, P, and BLOCKQUOTE tags)
black: the HTML tag, the root node
gray: all other tags

Want to graph your blog (or other site)? Go here. Be advised: it took about ten minutes to graph EIP. I think it’s worth the wait. And you get slightly different graph picture if you run the applet a second time, as you can tell from the pics. (h/t: Castle of Nannbugg)

3 comments:

  1. This was interesting. At first I thought it was needlepoint...LOL! I started doing mine but didn't wait for it all to finish. Too tired this week! Working 11 hour days this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I had a similar orange cluster. My theory was that represents the sidebar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 11-hour days... I have strong memories of that...uh..."experience." And I didn't like it a BIT. But sometimes ya gotta do it; hang in there, Laurie!

    The "sidebar theory" is as good as any; I can't come up with a better explanation!

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.