Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Carolina Wins It!

Rob Brind'Amour Hoists The Stanley Cup

Congratulations to Carolina and the perennial runner-up comment of “Next Year!” to Edmonton. Carolina has every reason to be proud this morning and Edmonton has absolutely, positively no reason to hang their heads. Last night’s game, and the entire CarolinaEdmonton series, was a fitting finish to the most exciting Stanley Cup play-offs I can remember. What a year! Everything you want to know about last night’s game and the Finals is here.

And you know another one of the great things about hockey? Only four months until the new season begins!

First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is… (apologies to Donovan Leitch) Except in this case, there may be a mountain but there is no personal ad. Yahoo! Personals “prohibits contact information” in your personal ad, which, when you think about it, is sorta strange. Yahoo! rejected the original draft of my ad because I included the url of the blog. I figured “what better way to get to know me?” Read the blog, anonymously if you so desire, and if you like what you see, follow up. I rewrote the ad after the initial rejection, excising the url but leaving in the fact I have a blog and included a “hint” on how to find it. Rejected again. OK. I’m not too thick; I get it. There’s also a “delete profile” button on the create/edit profile page. I used it. Screw Yahoo.

Short and sorta sweet this morning. I wanna go get my errands done before it gets too hot to put the top down.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, the idea is... they want people to have to *pay* for the service in order to find you. If you give clues, you circumvent their way of making money. They might instead couch it in terms of it being for "safety", but it's all about the money. You'll find the same on other dating sites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're absolutely correct, Laurie. And you're "encouraged" to sign up for "premium" services, too, even though the basic service is promoted as being free. The basic service IS free, but it's also severely limited.

    It's ALL about the money. Like I said: Screw 'em.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.