Monday, April 10, 2006

Slow Day...

Slow day at El Casa Móvil de Pennington. Stayed up late, got up late. Still not done with the coffee and it’s past noon.

Barb, from Bitchin’ and Stuff, forwarded me a great Blue Angels photo set this morning. Not much in life that’s better than plane pr0n! And that e-mail got me to thinking about air shows I’ve been fortunate enough to see over the years. I’ve seen the Thunderbirds so many times I’ve lost count, beginning in the way-way back as a child, up to the recent past. I’ve been fortunate enough to see the T-birds in almost every airframe they’ve flown, from the F-84F (I missed the F-84G, their first fighter) up to and including the F-16, and everything in between. And, in no particular order, I’ve seen the RAF’s Red Arrows (over the Isle of Man, flying the Hawk trainer) , the RCAF’s Snowbirds, the Japanese ASDF’s Blue Impulse (in F-86s), The Republic of China’s Thunder Tigers (also in F-86s), the Italian AF’s Frecce Tricolore (in F-84Fs), and the French team, too. Surprisingly, I was unable to find an image for the French team, nor can I remember their name. And, of course, the Blue Angels, in Cougars, Phantoms, and the F/A-18. I was fortunate enough to be on the water in the SFO Bay when the Angels came to town during Fleet Week of 2000…and was the grateful recipient of a high-speed, low altitude pass while they were practicing over the bay for the week’s air show. Of course, it WAS San Francisco, and not everyone was impressed with the Angels. Assholes (note the TransAmerica tower in the drawing). If you want some good plane pr0n, drop me a line and I’ll forward you Barb’s e-mail.

And finally…From today’s news, according to Scrappleface:

Rep. Cynthia McKinney, who last week struck a Capitol Hill police officer while running a security check point, would be allowed to remain in Congress under the terms of a new immigration reform bill. Even though she entered the Capitol illegally, the bill would treat McKinney as a guest lawmaker until the next Congressional election. Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist defended this latest compromise measure saying, “the state of Georgia needs Cynthia McKinney to do the work that, apparently, no legal American citizen is willing to do.”

Made ME smile, anyway…

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the comment! Lived in Sausalito for my last 9 yrs before movong out here. Remember the Angels shaking the windows and most of the time was too foggy to see them on the Sat they flew ; (
    NM is nice, hope to get there again soon.
    Enjoy your life on the road! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, when the Canadians came to Rhein Main in the early 80s, they lost an aircraft. I have photos I took of the missing man formation, as well as the mushroom cloud where the pilot burried the plane into the ground, before ejecting he ensured that it would miss downtown Frankfurt.

    He succeeded. I was digging up my photos and found these - ripe for a new posting ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool in the pool Buck. Love those planes!!

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.