Monday, January 09, 2006

Images of New Mexico

(click for larger)

Main Street, Portales, NM. 7/21/2005, 0328 hrs. I stood on the corner, in the middle of the street, on the sidewalk...all OVER the place...taking pictures at 3:30 in the morning and saw nary a soul, nary a car, for over an hour. I kinda like that.

Previously, in the archives:
Shiprock (I)
Very Large Array near Soccorro, NM (II)
Flightline, Cannon AFB (III)
Taos Church (San Francisco de Asis) (IV)
US 84 Roadside (V)
Valley of Fires (VI)
Brazos Cliffs (VII)

2 comments:

  1. Well, I din't even bother to see if there were more pictures from this FlyBoy (I was USN '74-'77), but I wanted to say I felt like I could step right into the photo of Downtown Portales.....smell the bricks, count pebbles in the asphalt, feel the lightly misted air and I taut I taw a puddy tat.
    Great photo. I used to live in Albuquerque and Santa Fe...this magicial state I plan to retire to in the next year. Thus, the reason I tripped over this site.
    Thanks for the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, Suzan! I didn't expect to be here as long as I have... but you're right: NM is magical.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.