Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Today's Happy Hour Soundtrack

ELO...


She came to me like a friend
She blew in on a southern wind
Now my heart is turned to stone again
There's gonna be a Showdown

Save me, oh save me
It's unreal, the suffering
There's gonna be a Showdown
I always liked ELO and the album from whence this tune comes from is a favorite... mainly coz of the time frame when it was popular.  Although I didn't know it at the time, there most definitely was a showdown in my future.  It just took around 23 years to materialize.

7 comments:

  1. I do loves me some ELO; such a great reminder of some really good times in my teen years. Always good to go down that particular memory lane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teen years? Oh, you puppy, you! ;-)

      Delete
    2. Yeah, as soon as I typed "teen years" I knew you'd have something to say. And you didn't disappointment me - thank you! :-) Let me just say it would have been "late teen years" - not that it matters when the word "teen" is in there somewhere. Ha!

      Delete
  2. Oh we liked ELO back in the day. I haven't heard them for decades. My bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard "Showdown" on XM while out and about yesterday. I was amazed at how good the tune sounded.

      Delete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.