Tuesday, August 05, 2014

We Should Prolly Live Somewhere On the Eastern Seaboard...

... according to this:

The interactive version of this graphic is here.

I don't hate the Bruins.  Nor do I hate the Kings, the Ducks, or the Habs.  I have an active dislike... which is about three ticks to the left o' "hate"... for the Blackhawks.  But I really, rilly HATE those Flightless Birds, which means I'd feel right at home in the Carolinas, Virginia, Ohio, and certain parts o' Pennsylvania.  "Pennsylvania!?!  But aren't the Flightless Birds from Pittsburgh?" sez you?  Yup, sez I.  But those Birds don't fly at ALL in Philadelphia (or anywhere else, for that matter), to be specific.  

On another note... this graphic illustrates how far the Avs have fallen in recent years.  If this graphic were drawn 20 years ago the entire state o' Michigan (and other places where Wings fans congregate) would be covered in frickin' snow.

Is it October yet?

11 comments:

  1. Interesting that the Kings are most disliked on the West Coast

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also interesting: no one hates the Sharks. What does that say?

      Delete
    2. I would venture a couple of years ago that would not have been so true in Detroit.

      Delete
    3. There WERE occasions but they were rather rare, generally speakin'.

      Delete
  2. Got to agree with Uncle Skip....woulda thought the DuhUcks would be most hated out here. Then again, they have not accomplished anything! Go Kings GO!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm ambivalent to the Ducks... ever since they traded Chrissy Pronger. Before that? I really, rilly didn't like them. At all.

      Delete
  3. Hmmmm. . . It's true, we really don't like the 'Hawks here in Michigan, but honestly, I'd guess that just these days, we might hate said flightless birds just a tad more (I KNOW we detest Cindy Crosby). 'Specially now that we're playin' in the east. An' if the Maple Laffs were any good, we could hate them just fine, too. . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, the Leafs. I remember REALLY hatin' on them back in the mid- to late-'80s in the old Campbell Conference days, which is about the last time the Leafs were any good. At all.

      Delete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.