Friday, June 27, 2014

Broadening Our Horizons LXXXIII

We're thinkin' global and actin' local when it comes to our beer today.  Which means we're drinkin' a Wit Bier, albeit one brewed just up the road in Albuquerque.  Like this:


There are precious few reviews of this beer at the Go-To Guys' place (the Bros are completely absent) and no narrative at all on the first page of reviews I scanned.  So, I found this by goin' further afield.  A quote:
Summer time and a well made wheat beer seem to be nearly a perfect fit for one another as the hot sun creates the desire for something easy to drink that is packed full of refreshing flavors. To create an even brighter feel when drinking their well crafted wheat beer Marble Brewery from Albuquerque New Mexico uses the addition of wildflower honey. Wildflower Wheat uses this special addition along with an ABV of 5.2% to quickly draw drinkers into stages of high anticipation to pour and enjoy every drop as soon as possible.
I'm not quite sure what wildflower honey has over your... wait for it... garden-variety honey, but Hey! Marketing.  Further along these lines... I must not have a very discerning palate, mainly coz I can't taste the honey.  All THAT said, the beer is quite pleasant.  This is my second bottle and it's just perfect for a rather warmish day out on the verandah.  I think I'll put this brew into the regular rotation.

Speakin' about warmish days...


Note the forecast for the next few days.  We might could be driven indoors for Happy Hour on Sunday and Monday.  OTOH, our al fresco After Dinner Whiskey Hour could see a MAJOR extension on those days.

6 comments:

  1. Eeeek! Those temps are awful! There would be no question for me - indoors. Our WX here lately has been amazing; in fact this is the latest we've gone w/out the air conditioning in at least 10 years. It's a cool-ish morning and the temps aren't supposed to get above 80 for the next few days. Which makes me a very happy camper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can "do" up to about 100 before it gets to me, but that's mainly coz the humidity is so low. I sat outside for a good bit yesterday and was very comfortable. OTOH, I wouldn't complain about an 80 degree day!

      Delete
    2. Well, mother-nature proved me the fool. Temps yesterday were in the mid 80s with higher 80s for today; by the end of this coming week we should be close to 90. Air conditioners will be going in - today.

      Delete
    3. It's 99 degrees as we speak, but the heat index is at 95 due to the low humidity (19%). I haven't been outside yet, so we shall see.

      Delete
  2. Enjoy the beer! :-) Honey??? Really??? Yep, marketing... sigh

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.