Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Today's Happy Hour Soundtrack

Ray LaMontagne...



So when you're lying in his arms
Think of me and know
The choice you made ain't free and clear
It cost me a heavy toll

Sit and think
Drown in drink
And sing this sad, sad song
You can bring me flowers, baby
When I'm dead and gone 
I like Ray... a lot... what with owning three out of four of his albums.  He does heartbreak songs pretty well and I like the instrumentation he provides, along with his lyrics.  This particular tune is from his "Til the Sun Turns Black" album (arguably his best) and is representative of the things you'll find there.  Good stuff, Maynard.

We're reveling in the change in our weather and have spent the last two hours sitting in the sun out on the verandah.  I think we'll pour us another beer and get right back out there... to continue as we've begun.  Dang... life is SO hard, sometimes.  free smileys

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just be polite... that's all I ask.