Monday, January 06, 2014

Insomniac

This is waaaay too damned early to be up and about but I suppose there's a reason, said reason bein' I went down around 2330 last evening.  Still and even, five hours o' sleep is NOT enough.  I foresee a nap in my future.

That polar vortex that's bringin' the center of the country such misery has made its way south.  Note:



It could be worse, of course.  But this is bad enough, thankyaverymuch.

I think I must have watched that "Buck 2013" video immediately below at least ten times, if not more.  I can't get over how well it was done, as far as picture selection goes.  The photos are in perfect chronological order and certainly illustrate the high points of my year.  I couldn't have done better myself, assuming I had the skill to put one o' those things together.  And it was unsolicited and FREE!

And then there's this...


Air Frame: A red-tailed hawk sits on the winglet of a C-17 assigned to the 436th Airlift Wing at Dover AFB, Del., on Dec. 17, 2013. The bird of prey is a frequent visitor at Dover and helps control small pests such as field mice and rabbits. (Air Force photo by Greg L. Davis)
Birds of a feather, and all that.

Update, 1245 hrs.  I went back to bed at 0830 and slept until noon-thirty.  Apropos o' not much: I'm one of only seven people on the entire planet who can drink eight cups o' coffee (as marked on the coffee pot), go back to bed, and fall asleep immediately.  That might be one of my more useful skills.

2 comments:

  1. I used to make a pot and drink it before heading to sleep. Never had any trouble falling asleep. Getting over the sleep bumps and waking up was another story.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.