Thursday, September 26, 2013

Today's Happy Hour Soundtrack: Yet Another Chestnut


I've been searching for the daughter of the devil himself
I've been searching for an angel in white
I've been waiting for a woman who's a little of both
And I can feel her but she's nowhere in sight 
Oo, loneliness will blind you
In between the wrong and the right
Oo, coming right behind you
Swear I'm gonna find you
One of these nights 

Ah, yes.  I actually found that woman... the elusive mix of Satan's daughter (in a GOOD way) and the angel in white... but there's a rather large gap between the "finding" and the "holding."  Still and even, 23 years was a pretty damned good run.


The daughter of the devil himself.  Oxford, England c. 1981 or so.

6 comments:

  1. One of my favorite pics of TSMP.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my favorite pics, too. This photo is one of my very best.

      Delete
  2. Y'know, I gotta start payin' more attention to the songs I listen to.
    That way I can refer back to the ones I really like because I know the artist and the name.

    I won't comment on the matter of letting go of the past.
    But I may post about it some day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fairly easy to pay attention with the music apps I use, given they always have song info at yer fingertips. As for letting go of the past... well, there are jsut some things you cannot let go, no matter how hard you try. I might post on this, too.

      Delete
  3. Nice picture. Music is still a trigger to memory. Probably always will be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're SO right about the music/memory thing, Curtis. That's exactly what happened with this song today.

      Delete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.