Thursday, June 06, 2013

Today's Happy Hour Soundtrack

Calling all old hippies...


Call out the instigators
Because there's something in the air
We've got to get together sooner or later
Because the revolution's here, and you know it's right
And you know that it's right

We have got to get it together
We have got to get it together now
Ah, memories.  This tune is from the soundtrack of a great little movie titled "The Strawberry Statement," which is memorable mainly for its brilliant soundtrack.  I mean... we have all the principals in CSN, a song written by Joni, and various other astounding tunes... what's NOT to like?

We loved The Strawberry Statement then and we still have a place in our heart for that flick today.  We may have grown older and wiser (thank The Deity At Hand!) but we remember our younger and much more naïve days with a certain fondness.  I'll quote Sir Winston:
"If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart.  If you're not a conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain."
It's good, that, and even if Churchill never said it... it sure works for ME.  I met Sir Winston's test, BTW, in that I became a conservative right at 35 years of age.  That would be 1980... the year Reagan made me change horses.  I've not looked back where my views and opinions on things that matter are concerned... but I've looked back often with a certain wistfulness about the great good times we had in our youth.  With apologies to Dickens: it was indeed "the best of times; it was the worst of times."

Still and even, some of those leftie things remain lodged deep in my heart and that's not ALL bad.

7 comments:

  1. The older I get, the more hippie I am. How 's that for a quote?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It works for me, in a couple o' different ways.

      Delete
  2. Thunderclap Newman! OMG. Thanks for dredging up a pleasurable memory from the deep and dark recesses of my subconscious. Said memory is of the sort a gentleman never speaks of. I won't, either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a few memories like that. My trouble is I blog 'em. ;-)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to hear that old chestnut, Buck. Brings back some OLD memories. Old but pleasant.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.