Thursday, May 16, 2013

Today's Happy Hour Soundtrack

Lowell George singin' just fer me...


I've got the apolitical blues
And that's the meanest blues of all
Apolitical blues
And that's the meanest blues of all
I don't care if it's John Wayne
I just don't wanna talk to him now
The message is in the music.  I'm sick to frickin' DEATH of politics at this point in time so just don't go there with me, mmm-kay?  Tell me sumthin' good.

Speakin' o' sumthin' good... We have "Waiting for Columbus" loaded up in our cassette player* and are listenin' to it out on the verandah with our windows and door wide open on this beee-you-ti-ful day here on The High Plains o' New Mexico.  It's 90 big fat degrees as we speak and we're LOVIN' it!

* Why yes, we DO still have a cassette player and we use it often, coz that's where taped copies of my greatly-missed vinyl live.

2 comments:

  1. I have a boom box that plays both CDs and cassettes.
    I I have to do is find the darn cassettes.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.