Saturday, May 04, 2013

Changing Demographics...

... here at El Casa Inmóvil de Pennington.  I'm just in from spending some Quality Time out on the verandah with two o' my neighbors, which inspired this post.  I'm the sole remaining original tenant o' these apartments and my neighbors over this past year and a half have run the gamut from academics (two each, one following the other, both professors at ENMU), to run o' the mill civilians (ahem), to ENMU students (interesting!), to military folks.  My latest neighbor is an Airperson recently assigned to Cannon Airplane Patch, his previous assignment bein' RAF Lakenheath.

So... it's come to pass that we are now a TOTAL military community, what with having two active-duty Air Force peeps (the afore-mentioned newly arrived Airperson [three doors down] and a recently-arrived USAF TSgt, two doors down), one Naval Reserve Squidly type (next door), and me... the chirp (which is to say a retarded retired USAF type).  Four units, all military... in one form or another.

I'm thinkin' the neighborhood has taken a turn for the better, at least where commonality in interests is concerned.  Me likee.

6 comments:

  1. Are the neighbors married?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The two Air Force guys are single and I never asked the couple next door if they were/are married. One would hope so, as she's about seven months pregnant.

      Delete
  2. Buck, are you still there? Buck?.....Buck?

    No, I wouldn't be surprised if either by heart attack or if you did the deed yourself, your Wings looked on their heels the entire game. And SO tentative on offense w. so little movement....doesn't look good for the series..

    And my poor Blues. What a tough "throwback" physical game on both sides--the commentators couldn't stop talking about it. Gonna be a tough series. The Blues had their chances, tho, just couldn't follow-up on initial shot. After the 1st few minutes of game I said to my self: Whoever scores first is gonna win and it's gonna be a one goal game" and sadly the wrong guys scored, lol. But a HELLUVA game!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid you're right when it comes to a short series. The Wings just aren't there yet, and losing DeKeyser indefinitely, plus Abby for at least one game, if not two, doesn't make things any better. I watched yer Blues and the Kings... it was a VERY entertaining game. As I mentioned elsewhere, watching hockey without an emotional investment in one team is a very different experience.

      Delete
    2. I know, Buck, it's like with my LSU Tigers in football, my Yankees in BB or my Louisville Cards in roundball...helluva deal when you can't enjoy your favorite team, isn't it?

      Delete
  3. Frickin' Blogger won't let me reply to your comment above, but it's the freakin' TRAUMA that I can't stand. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.