Saturday, April 27, 2013

Broadening Our Horizons LXI

It almost feels like summer outdoors (73 degrees; bright, brilliant NM sun; and NO wind!) and it felt that way when we made our bi-monthly beer and commissary run out to Cannon Airplane Patch earlier today.  So, there we were...  perusing the beer selection at the Class VI store and we see New Belgium released its summer seasonal offering.  Well, yes.  Hell, yes!  Grab a sixer, go to the check-out, and then RTB to unload and such.

So we're enjoying one of these, as we speak.  Like this:


Here's how NB bills the beer:
A delightful summer ale for easy sipping and a classic Belgian yard game for easy enjoyment, Rolle Bolle is how we roll. Brewed with monk fruit and soursop, this beer pours a brilliant blonde, with a fluffy, white head. Earthy and tropical tones carry the aroma and the taste follows accordingly. Rolle Bolle’s hint of tartness is backed with the citrus bite of Cascade and Centennial hops. Oats add some creaminess to the mouthfeel, and it finishes dry and clean. Time to get in the yard, crack a bottle and start rolling. 
Well, we ain't gonna roll... as in Rolle Bolle, the game.  But we shall roll with this beer, which is everything NB sez it is and then some.  I'll be adding another sixer or three into our fridge o' many charms before summer's even here.  As I've said before: I've hardly ever met a New Belgium beer I didn't like.

Our cigar today is a Partagas Spanish Rosado, a favorite here at El Casa Inmóvil De Pennington.

And what are we listenin' to?  Well... this, for starters: 



Sorry... but I just couldn't help myself.  Rolle Bolle just sounds TOO much like Wooly Bully.  Rock on.

15 comments:

  1. The only song I have ever performed at karaoke is Wooly Bully.

    You really don't want to hear it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh. I'm murdered songs in similar situations.

      Delete
    2. ...was reminded, too, of another of Sam's musical pieces, Little Red Riding Hood, "Owoooooo!"
      That, in turn reminded me of another song, I'm A Girl Watcher

      Delete
    3. Both are excellent pieces, Skip. MORE memories!

      Delete
  2. Totally devoid of connection to this post: Congrats on the Wings keeping the playoff streak alive. Their job now is to avoid the fate awaiting my Celtics this afternoon (first-round sweep.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a first round sweep would be a good thing... more rest for the team, etc. The Ducks ain't that tough... we took two from them IN ANAHEIM, earlier this month. Oh. Wait. Did you mean it would be the WINGS getting swept? ;-)

      Delete
  3. Sam the Sham is an awesome bit of talent from the way back. Love that song!
    We (Veldt Lounge and Serenghetti Spa) have Fullers London Pride on tap for the first time in YEARS! I am enjoying my first draught for the day as I type.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Has it been years? Really? My, how time FLIES!

      Delete
  4. This entire post had me smiling from start to finish. Especially this:

    our fridge o' many charms

    Heh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny, all their bi hits came circa '65/66 (my Jr & Sr yrs in coll) and for some reason whenever I hear one of their songs I always think of one of my all-time faves of 1966 (maybe because of tempo & spacing) "96 Tears" by ? (Question-Mark) and the Mysterians.
    I REALLY LIKE that song....gee, I wonder why?.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS: "96 Tears" should be a big fave of yours also, Buck. N'cest-ce-pas? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rolle Bolle sounds like a good summer beer. And Wooly Bully is always fun.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.