P-Ville has a lot in common with other southern tier states: everything shuts down when we get a couple inches o' snow. Witness:
A spokesperson for Clovis public schools has announced Clovis schools are closed Monday due to the threat of continued snow and high winds.
Other delays/closings reported to Clovis Media Inc:
• Muleshoe schools are closed.There's more; not a school district in the area is open. The worst thing about this stuff... for me... is the wind is out of the south, so that makes things a right mess in my immediate vicinity outdoors. Examples:
• Portales schools are closed.
• Clovis Community College is closed, according to a text message sent out by its emergency alert system.
• Cannon Air Force Base has announced only mission essential personnel report to work on its Facebook page.
• Texico schools are closed.
• Eastern New Mexico University is closed.
A carport doesn't do much good when the wind blows right into it. We have an immediate and further grasp of the obvious, too:
There won't be an outdoor Happy Hour today. But Hey! It's kinda-sorta pretty out and I don't have anywhere to go. So like Frank sez...