Sunday, February 17, 2013

Jes a Couple o' Things

First...


Perfect metaphor, indeed.  And Congress ain't nuthin' if not a Carnival, too.

Second, a short article from the WSJ about the middle class, which included this graphic:

Click to embiggen

There's "insufficient data" for my county here on The High Plains o' New Mexico, prolly coz there are insufficient numbers of people to count.  I dunno about you, Gentle Reader, but I didn't find any surprises within this article.  Some people might could be surprised that a family making almost $150K is called middle class, but I'm not.  I know quite a few folks in that category.

Wait.  I AM sorta surprised that I still fall solidly in the middle class, what with my pittance of pension and Social Security income.

3 comments:

  1. I wonder just who they got data from in the northwest corner of Nevada.
    I can see where Reno'd have plenty of population.
    But who lives north of there?

    Aha! now I understand.
    It's entire counties, not population centers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The problem with this, specifically with CT, is that the salaries in that area of CT are driven by NYC-level salaries and bonuses. The area is home to some of the country's largest hedge fund managers not to mention Hollywood-types. If you annex Fairfield County from CT and give it to NYC - the numbers in CT will fall dramatically.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The busted cruise ship analogy is a good one.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.