Saturday, January 26, 2013

Confession Is Good For the Soul, Part Two

We're not gonna be quite as racy as we were in Part One, nor are you in danger of reading many more of these confessions, Gentle Reader, mainly coz (a) we're not Catholic, so this sorta thang isn't a habit (groan) with us and (b) I like to hide my dirty laundry.

I shall now take a deep, deep breath and continue.  Those of you who have been with me for a while know that I'm not a movie kinda guy and I'm not much on teevee, either... unless it's to poke fun at annoying commercials or praise PBS, both o' which I do semi-frequently.  The astute among you might have noticed I made a rather opaque statement about my sleeping habits of late, mentioning in a post yesterday that I have remained abed until noon or later every single day this week.  That's because I've stayed up into the wee smalls... the WEE smalls, like 0430 ~ 0500 hrs... every day this week.

Watching Amazon streaming video.

Watching Amazon streaming video of a freakin' teevee show.

Watching Amazon streaming video of  "24."

Is there some sort of support group out there I can join?  I've watched 45 episodes this week: all of Season Two and 21 episodes of Season One (why I began with Season Two is unknown to me, I just did).  I never once saw this show when it was in prime time but I sure as Hell am addicted to it now.  All eight seasons are available for viewing on Amazon (free!  Coz I'm Prime.) and I'm thinkin' I've gone and ruined my life by takin' that first hit/drink.

"Hi.  My name is Buck and I'm a junkie..."

20 comments:

  1. I actually watched some of the 24 Episodes in first run.

    Not a TV guy myself, but was curious, and tuned in. I watched it for a couple of years, I think. When it came around the next season, I guess I was occupied with other junk, and dropped out of the 24 loop.

    Guess I'm not a 24 junkie...but remember enjoying it. I'm still kind of a "Law and Anything" guy. If I've nothing better to do, I'll look for it on A&E, or USA Network, or Channel 9. It got to be a bunch of lib promotion material...but Mariska Hargitay is hot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mariska is indeed hot. Getting hooked on "24" is so out of character for me that I find it alarming.

      Delete
  2. Whoa dude, you went straight for the really heavy stuff. I've heard that "24" is a very tough monkey to get off your back.

    All kidding aside, enjoy your guilty pleasures Buck. You've earned them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buck, Buck, Buck...my friend you don't even want me to suggest additional entries likeThe Wire, Homicide:Life On The Streets, Firefly (Sci-Fi) , Cold Squad (Canadian series) , The DaVinci Inquest (Ditto) etc.,....we'll have you hooked, zoned-out starring at the screen in darkness and cocooned like a Chinese opium smoker in an Opium Den, lol You'll have to get hooked on Crystal Meth as well, just to stay up 24/7 in order to make up for lost time before you die, lol!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS: The series most closely compatible/same genre with 24 would be ALIAS--check it out on Wiki..

      Delete
    2. I did quite a bit of "subject searching" before I settled on 24. The issue is Amazon doesn't have a tremendous amount of selection, compared to, say, Netflix. But there's enough to keep me busy.

      Delete
    3. Glad you mentioned the Amazon v. Netflix deal, Buck. I was about to make inquiries of my bloggy type friends, as to whether I should stick with The Netflix. I did a quick Netflix search, just to see if they have "24."

      Indeed they do...streaming, and on disc. Crud...I could become a "junkie," if I let myself...

      Delete
    4. There are 202 episodes on Netflix, btw. Crud...

      Delete
    5. @Andy: Click that "Prime" link in the post... it's a review/compare/contrast between Netflix and Prime.

      Delete
    6. Thanks! Will do...didn't click it, because...well because I didn't.

      Delete
  4. I've never seen it, but now you have me curios. Maybe next summer when the reruns are on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The series is pretty gripping, Lou. At least the first two seasons.

      Delete
    2. Sorry about my spelling. I was on my Kindle and I don't do so well with comments from there.

      Delete
  5. The Mayor was addicted to the first three seasons of 24, but managed to get unhooked before the fourth.

    Now he's on to classier shows, like Duck Dynasty and The Liquidator.

    Lawd, please help me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard of either one, but don't be surprised...

      Delete
  6. I'm a "Supernatural" junkie. I can't help myself. Oh, and "Firefly," my goodness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen a couple of episodes o' "Firefly." But shhh... don't tell anyone.

      Delete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.