Thursday, January 24, 2013

A Re-Run

I went lookin' for sumthin' on the blog to support a post I have in mind and found this, from my very early blogging days (i.e., mid-2006):

Your Five Variable Love Profile



Propensity for Monogamy:

Your propensity for monogamy is low.
You see love as a gift that you should give to many.
It's hard for you to imagine being with one person at at time... Let alone one person for the rest of your life!

Experience Level:

Your experience level is high.
You've loved, lost, and loved again.
You have had a wide range of love experiences.
And when the real thing comes along, you know it!

Dominance:

Your dominance is low.
This doesn't mean you're a doormat, just balanced.
You know a relationship is not about getting your way.
And you love to give your sweetie a lot of freedom.

Cynicism:

Your cynicism is low.
You are an eternal optimist when it comes to love and romance.
No matter how many times you've been hurt - you're never bitter.
You believe in one true love, your perfect soulmate.
And if you haven't found true love yet, you know you will soon.

Independence:

Your independence is low.
This doesn't mean you're dependent in relationships..
It does mean that you don't have any problem sharing your life.
In your opinion, the best part of being in love is being together.


I call Bullshit. I find most of these quizzes quite fun and entertaining; this one is simply annoying. So why am I posting it? Just to see if others' reactions are similar to mine. For the record:

My propensity for monogamy is pretty damned high… higher than most, I’d wager. The Second Mrs. Pennington and I were married for 20 years and were together for 23. I’d still be married if I had my druthers. And it wasn’t hard at all for me to “imagine being with one person at a time… Let alone for the rest of your (my) life.” I was extremely comfortable with monogamy; it was a natural state. And I’ve always been a serial-lover, that is: one at a time. Now the time may have been pretty short on occasion, but it was still “one at a time.” For what that’s worth.

No quibbles with experience level. I made the most of life before marrying TSMP; I made extensive attempts at getting back in the game after her.

No quibbles with the quiz’s take on my dominance, or lack of same. I do have issues with bondage, though.

My cynicism is high. I am not an eternal optimist when it comes to romance. Au contraire, mon frêre. My glass isn’t half-empty, it’s Sahara-desert dry. With calcite rings. “Never bitter?” Oh, spare me, please. I won’t go down that road, but… (I’m sure you get my drift) I DO believe in the soul mate thingie. Unfortunately that wasn’t a mutually-shared perception. True love found, true love lost, game over.

My independence level is high. Take my word for it.

OK, two agreed areas, three areas in violent disagreement. Ergo, Bullshit. Your mileage may vary, of course. Let me know…
Comment on the original post was pretty light given I had all of about three readers in the Early Days.  The link is still good, so play along if'n ya wanna.

I'm gonna save that other post I was thinkin' about for a day or two coz I'm feelin' the need to get outdoors and take advantage of this break in the weather while I still can.  Beer Me!

13 comments:

  1. The choices are not very complete in order to make such emphatic statements. Some are far too vague.

    Must have been made by some college idgit for a class they were too lazy to do real work on.

    Heh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the basic problem with all these quiz thingies, but some are better than others.

      Delete
  2. I could have stayed with my ex-Wife till death, do us part...

    I let her live though, as I'm too accustomed to life outside the penitentiary now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had EXACTLY the same thought processes, but my focus was on the other man.

      Delete
  3. "You see love as a gift that you should give to many."

    I feel that way, but I am also very monogamous. I would LIKE to share my gift with lots of females, but I believe that when one takes a vow it is for keeps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What ever. Just score with something biologically accommodating on Friday night so that you don't exude lackanookie/desperation hormones on Saturday night. Thusly, shall you acquire the hottie and find love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Biologically accommodating" is pretty damned broad, Darryl.

      Delete
    2. He-he; He said 'broad'.
      Less than three ax handles a-beam or less. Ymmv. And biologically accommodating implies a natural bent.

      Delete
  5. Did the quiz thang. We must be related, I believe my results were nearly identical as yours.

    Concur with Old Goat 36.

    Suldog also makes a good point. But the vow thing is hard to ignore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Propensity for Monogamy:

    Your propensity for monogamy is high.
    You find it easy to be devoted and loyal to one person.
    And in return, you expect the same from who you love.
    Any sign of straying, and you'll end things.

    Experience Level:

    Your experience level is high.
    You've loved, lost, and loved again.
    You have had a wide range of love experiences.
    And when the real thing comes along, you know it!

    Dominance:

    Your dominance is low.
    This doesn't mean you're a doormat, just balanced.
    You know a relationship is not about getting your way.
    And you love to give your sweetie a lot of freedom.

    Cynicism:

    Your cynicism is low.
    You are an eternal optimist when it comes to love and romance.
    No matter how many times you've been hurt - you're never bitter.
    You believe in one true love, your perfect soulmate.
    And if you haven't found true love yet, you know you will soon.

    Independence:

    Your independence is low.
    This doesn't mean you're dependent in relationships.
    It does mean that you don't have any problem sharing your life.
    In your opinion, the best part of being in love is being together.

    Not too bad, actually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're pretty much the same, except for the monogamy bits... which I addressed.

      Delete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.