Saturday, December 01, 2012

Miscellanea

We went out to Cannon Airplane Patch earlier today for to make a commissary run, restock the whiskey supply, and get our bi-monthly shearing.   But our inattention to the calendar allowed us to only complete two of the three assigned tasks, in that we re-stocked the whiskey supply and the food larder but we did NOT get sheared, as every single chair in the barber shop waiting area was occupied and we didn't feel like spending an hour... or more... waiting to get sheared.  So we'll do our best imitation of one of the Deities At Hand for another few days.  Our hair is approaching the religious as we speak and we've put on a winter beard, on top of that.  So we're lookin' pretty much like said deity, but that won't last all THAT long.

We're just in from Happy Hour and we're watching the second half of the SEC championship game with more than a little interest.  Those Dawgs just scored and we're rootin' for them.  But as I've said before: it doesn't make no nevermind WHO wins this game; ND shall prevail in the only game that really matters.

In other news... a friendly uniformed emissary of the FedEx company visited us this afternoon and left us with a big-ass box containing these lil beauties:



Ah.  A month's supply... and we exaggerate only a lil bit... of salsa and chile sauce from The Source, including one jar of that eagerly-awaited Scorpion Salsa, which we shall try tonight.  We're salivating, even as we speak.

Yow!

Update, 1900 hrs:  Dinner is done and I consumed about ten percent of that bottle o' Scorpion Salsa.  The verdict?  That stuff is THE hottest commercially produced salsa I've ever tasted, and the equal of the hottest home-made stuff I've ever had.  There are hotter "hot sauces" available (Dave's Insanity Sauce come to mind), but that stuff ain't salsa.  OTOH, Scorpion ain't very far from Dave's Insanity where heat is concerned, but it IS better tasting.  By far.

7 comments:

  1. Heh. We have you to thank for this habit... and it's about time to put in another order. If I had had three cases of their medium salsa at the last potluck dinner we had over here, I bet I could have sold them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have NO idea about how much ya made my day with this, Barry.

      Delete
    2. I just reupped on the medium red salsa, the jarred roasted green chiles, and their medium chile verde.

      The hot stuff is actually just a little too hot for my comfort, but I am at peace with my wimpitude.

      Delete
  2. Go ND. I'm thinking the line opens at Alabama, - 6, and I would bet a decent amount on ND at that spread.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's kinda strange that the Number One ranked team will be the underdog in this game, by at LEAST that much. But that's OK. ;-)

      Delete
  3. Like Barry above, I'm not comfortable with the really hot salsa. But I would like to try El Pinto medium. Is it only available online, or can you buy it at the grocery store? As for the Irish v. the Laundry Detergent team, I'll have to back the SEC team because of regional and conference loyalty. I've never actually said this before, but I will now...ROLL TIDE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm quite certain you'd have to buy El Pinto on-line, Dan. It ain't even in the grocery stores in Portales, let alone anywhere in Tennessee. I might could be wrong, though. Buying the stuff is a LOT pricy-er on line than if I drive to Clovis to buy it; shipping kills ya. But $56.00 for a dozen jars ain't all that bad.

      The Tide is gonna roll... right over on its back, legs in the air.

      Delete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.