Saturday, December 22, 2012

♫ ♪ God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen ♪ ♫

Let nothing you dismay
For the Sammy Adams Winter Pack
Was on the shelves today
To save us all from mundane ale
And go beyond the pale
Oh, oh, tidings of comfort and joy!
Comfort and joy
Oh, oh, tidings of comfort and joy!
I'm VERY happy about this development and just slightly disappointed that Mr. Adams' descendents replaced last year's Black and Brew (a coffee flavored stout) with a witbier called White Christmas.  The White Christmas is good, don't get me wrong about that, but the stout was better.  This winter variety pack would be GREAT if SA threw out the Boston Lager... which is NOT a holiday offering... and put the Black and Brew back in.  Just sayin'.

SN1 and I destroyed one of these 12-packs last weekend and I'm most pleased that the Winter Classics finally made it down to our neck o' the woods.

Ain't this pretty?


Click to embiggen

And now for a Chocolate Bock.  And a ceegar.

12 comments:

  1. I bought two twelve packs of Sam Adams this week. Be sure to look inside the box for a token for two free pint glasses ($11 bucks for shipping). The token looks like a beer coaster stuck on the side. I ordered two, using two different addresses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't see any token in my boxes... and it's too late to look again, as the boxes are in the dumpster already. Dang.

      Delete
    2. Then, I guess you will have to just man up and go buy another twelve pack, right? Sacrifices must be made for the greater good!

      Delete
    3. I intend to lay in as many of these 12-packs as I can in the next few weeks so that won't be a problem.

      Delete
  2. We bootlegged some Abita Christmas Ale north across the border. I even like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only wish I got the full range of Abita products here. And you know what? Your comments didn't get sent to spam Hell this time!

      Delete
  3. Chocolate Bock. . . just kinda makes my taste buds go, 'Huh'?

    Maybe if you just give me a shot glass of it, for a taste. . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That Chocolate Bock really works, Craig. I was surprised, meself.

      Delete
  4. LOL!!! That photo depicts the fridge of a TRUE bachelor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. None truer than YrHmblScrb, Virgil. None. ;-)

      Delete
  5. "Another" short story. Post graduation my college roommate and I were treating ourselves to a trip to Nassau as a grad present before entering pilot training. We drove to Fla, staying at first, one frat brother's apt in Cape Canaveral, then at his brother's pad in Hialeah before taking the short hop to Nassau. Arriving @0300 at the Cape, we tip-toed thru the halls and into what we surmised was his apt as the door was open, but we still weren't sure because I'd forgotten his apt number when I took it down in a drunken haze. As we crept past the kitchen, I checked out the fridge. The ONLY thing in it was a lonely quart of Tanqueray and a half-empty bottle of Fresca. "We're in the right place, alright," I whispered to Skip. LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.