Thursday, October 18, 2012

Inside One o' Google's Data Centers

Techies will find this mesmerizing... a street-view tour of one o' Google's data centers, this one bein' in North Carolina (which explains the NASCAR motif found throughout).  From an LA Times article:
Google also expanded its StreetView feature to give a tour inside its North Carolina data center. The tour includes a look at Google employees' awesome lounge area, the various parts of the facility and even some Star Wars characters, as one user on Google+ found.
Here's a screen shot:

Click for full-screen

Hell, even non-techies should find the tour supremely interesting and it's pretty easy to kill an hour or two playing with this.  I know **I** killed a lot o' time there but your mileage may vary.  I'll say one thing:  Google's data center is head and shoulders above the EDS data centers I saw back in the day.  But that was a long, long time ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just be polite... that's all I ask.