Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Earlier This Afternoon

It began raining around 1600 hrs today...


...and it still hasn't stopped.  It hasn't been a steady rain, more of an off-and-on, stop-and-go sorta thang, but there has been a lot of it.  So much such so that the 17th Street Canal and Inter-City Waterway is beginning to reach navigable status.  Yays!

It's nice and warm outside and the rain is mostly in a vertical plane, which is to say the verandah is reasonably dry.  I do believe we'll tap that new bottle of JW Green I bought today, fire up a cigar, and go enjoy the show.

4 comments:

  1. You all need the rain so very badly; hope it stays around for a bit for you. And hope that JW Green lived up to its advance billing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't checked the almanac yet today, but it rained for a good solid two hours after I posted this last night. And it was a HARD rain, too! My street was totally flooded by the time I went indoors last evening, which is not a bad thing... it ALWAYS floods (drainage).

      As for the JW Green... that's been the scotch of choice for nearly a year now (I checked my back pages: first post on JW Green was on 8/11/2011). I go through a bottle of that stuff every week. ;-)

      Delete
  2. I was gonna post something about sending some o' that this way. Then decided we can let nature take its course. But you might want to send some to the mid-continent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's bad out there. I'm glad we got a lil sumthin' last evening.

      Delete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.