Monday, April 09, 2012

Hate Texting on Tiny Lil Keyboards?

There's an app for that...


Morse code ain't dead, eh?

―:☺:―

So.  We're home, arriving back in P-Ville around 1300 hrs yesterday.  We unpacked, took a shower (coz you know how dirty ya get after a day on the dusty trail), took a nap, took two beers on the verandah, took a trip to Mickey Dee's, and then called it a day.  We did read all y'all's comments but weren't feelin' chipper enough to answer them yesterday.  We shall correct that shortly.

It was a good trip.  I broke the return leg into two segments, spending Saturday night with friends in Oklahoma and returning yesterday.  That made things more reasonable... one seven hour leg, one five hour leg.  I found out last week the fact I CAN do an 11 hour stretch in the car doesn't mean I SHOULD do 11 hours straight.  I was one whipped puppy old dog when I pulled into Leavenworth last Saturday.  I was one whipped old dog when I pulled into P-Ville yesterday, too... but not nearly as much.  Does that make sense?  Trust me... it does.

In other travel news... my noise abatement plan (driving with my top down) didn't work out on the return trip.  That was because of the WX, which was frickin' miserable, as in rain, rain, and more rain.  "Cow pissing on a flat rock" rain.  Monsoon rain.  Torrential rain.  I did about 430 miles Saturday and at least 375 of those miles were done in the rain.  So we were loud AND wet, given our top isn't exactly water-tight.  "Wet" is relative, of course, given that only about a half pint of water got into the cabin in seven hours.  That's enough to piss ya off, though.

All that said: it's GOOD to be home. 

17 comments:

  1. The rain is always good, but I was glad when the sun came out on Sunday afternoon. I hear ya on the long drive vs. the longer drives. Glad you are home safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was amazed at how beautiful the WX was here when I got home on Sunday. It's stayed that way, too.

      Delete
  2. Safe and sound - 2 wonderful words. Glad it all turned out well, rain and water notwithstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seem to be able to drive further when I'm goin' than I can drive when I'm returning. Four days to Detroit, Seven days back ...beats flyin' though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In re: flyin'. I don't think I'll EVER fly again.

      Delete
  4. Glad you had a great time. I hear you on the driving. Either road trips aren't what they used to be - or I'm not what I used to be. I'm guessing it's the latter, heh.

    I'm thankful you didn't hit any of the horrendous tornadic weather that's common in Oklahoma and north Texas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know for a FACt that I'm not what I used to be. Gettin' old sucks.

      Delete
  5. As for the G-Mail Tap; Nine Dots and a Dash. Figure the message ... .... .. - / ...-.- ...-.-

    Glad you broke the trip up. We don't like to get over ten hours anymore. Better to get an early start the next day and arrive refreshed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Nope. And I'm too lazy to google it.

      Delete
  7. Hey Buck,

    I live in Midwest City (SE 15th and Post), not far from where you used to live. You are welcome to stop by here any time you go to KS or are in the area

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was my first and last trip to Kansas, Jess. SN1 leaves there in May.

      Delete
  8. Welcome home! The Morse code app -- I can see a lot of early-onset carpal tunnel and orthoarthritis coming out of that! I swear texting before touch screens did it to my left thumb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find texting to be a royal PITA. I ALWAYS fat-finger the touch-screen keyboard.

      Delete
  9. Have you considered a gasket for your car roof?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are multiple gaskets on the top's frame and all of them are in good shape. The issue is the replacement top I had installed last summer isn't manufactured to the same close tolerances as the original equipment top... i.e., there are gaps between the top and the frame. I've mentioned this before, but I NEVER should have let the guys who installed the top talk me into an after-market replacement (vice a Genuine Mazda Parts top). Saving those 200 dollars was false-economy at its worst.

      Delete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.