Monday, March 05, 2012

Today's Happy Hour Soundtrack

About which: one of those oh-so-rare cases where a cover meets or exceeds the original version.  The Ever-Lovely Alison Krauss:


Here's the original, which is one of my all-time faves and I've mentioned THAT on more than a few occasions.  Ms. Krauss'es version jes might be my new fave, all thangs considered.  Haunting, and with most-excellent guitar accompaniment.

―:☺:― 

In other musical news, of a sort... who IS this man, why is he blinking at me, and why does he appear to be so pained, or resigned, or perplexed, or sumthin' not entirely good?


Oh, I know.  He's thinkin' that the number on his matchbook is old and faded.  Sumtimes it bees that way.

6 comments:

  1. Alison was singing pretty good, but I was ready to comment - tired of looking at Andy blink. You guys are making me crazy with this comment thang. Nag, nag, nag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nag, nag, nag.

      I am WOMAN -- hear me roa... err... nag. ;-)

      Delete
  2. Good song. I listened to both versions and I'm thinking Kraus has the best one. If the song lyric is a trippy dream, or even if it isn't, looking for the key is what we spend a lot of our time doing. Then we wake up one day and we're old and we realize there's not even a door, much less a key. :-)

    As for Andy's mug shot and what expression that is emanating from it, I ain't going there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with ya on the two versions, Dan. This song has been covered a LOT, actually. It surprises me just how many people have covered it.

      And I hear ya about the door. I'm lookin' for it, as we speak.

      Delete
  3. Alisons cover is good. your link to the original won´t open in Germany, so i surfed the tube and found the 69 Live version. looks like i´ll spend the day surfing. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.