Friday, February 24, 2012

Today's Happy Hour Soundtrack

FYC...


I saw these guys at the Fox theatre in downtown Dee-troit back in the day (It was either '88 or '89... on their tour promoting their one and only Top 40 hit), and it was a fine, fine concert.  The Second Mrs. Pennington and I rocked for DAYS after that concert.  FYC might have (only) been a one-hit wonder, but Boy! that one hit was certainly fine.

So... apropos of everythang... there's a line in this song that fits really well, at the moment:

Happy hour has come and gone
Much too short and much too long
Yup.  We got started early today, and we're already done.  For the time being.

4 comments:

  1. Their whole CD was good... it's a staple among my CD rotation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to find my copy of the CD. I haven't seen it around in quite a while... Paula might have stolen it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this FYC tune. Funky beat. And man, that guy has a high falsetto.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ZOMG! Fine Young Cannibals! I didn't realize anyone else even knew they existed. I really liked them back in the day.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.