Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Plus Ça Change...

... plus c'est la même chose (link for the non-Francophones).  I made lotsa plans before going to bed last night or... more accurately... early this morning.  I even set my alarm phone for 0830 hrs to ensure I rolled out in sufficient time to get an early start to The Big(ger) City™ and then to Cannon Airplane Patch for to run the Usual, Customary, and Reasonable errands.  So... the alarm goes off at the appointed time and I did the entirely predictable thang: shut it off and rolled over for two more hours of beauty sleep, which always fails in its intended purpose.  Which is to say I'm not getting any more beautiful but I am most certainly well-rested.

So here we sit with one more cup o' morning coffee left to drink and the prospect of completing our errands vanishing into the ether.  I suppose there's always tomorrow and this seems to be the way my life of sloth and indolence works.  It takes me a day to think of what must be done, another day to plan for it, a day to put it off, and yet another day before I actually get around to the doing.  Or mebbe two.

I've said this before and I'll say it again: I'm in dire need of some serious nagging.  I don't miss that sorta "incentive" 95% of the time but when I need it, I REALLY need it.  Or mebbe I just need to get that maid I've been on about.

8 comments:

  1. What a miserable existence. If retirement means having to sleep in all the time without being nagged, then I might just hafta keep workin' until I drop dead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it's tough, Inno. But someone's gotta do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never do today what you can put off until tomorrow :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay. Off your butt and on your feet! If you don't get movin' you will be out of beer soon. Go! Go! Go!

    How is that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Slept thru the morning - again? Really Buck don't you have better things to do with your time? There are cigars to be smoked, whiskey to be consumed.

    Errands to run - you have responsibilities for goodness' sake. Put on your big-boy pants and deal with them.

    Did that satisfy the need for nagging?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I imagine you're still relishing having the room to "roll over" on your new bed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ss & Dave: My motto!

    Lou & Kris: Pretty good, but reading it as opposed to HEARING it... over and over and over... jes ain't quite the same.

    Moogie: You have a VERY good point.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.