Wednesday, September 07, 2011

It Feels Downright Chilly

Here's what we look like at the moment...


I'm thinkin' I might have to break out the flannel for this afternoon's Happy Hour unless it warms up right quick like.  I kinda doubt we'll make the forecast high o' 77 at the rate we're going.

I had to get up at oh-dark-thirty again this morning, what with The Green Hornet having yet another crack o' dawn car doctor's appointment over in The Big(ger) City™.  So... up at 0600, shower, shave, toss down a couple o' cups so as to be caffeinated enough to safely pilot a four-wheeled conveyance on the public thoroughfares without endangering the civilian populace, and out the door at 0730 hrs.  And back by 0900, having spent all of 20 minutes at Rembrandt's Auto Body getting TGH's top latch replaced and then moseyin' over to the car wash to get her cleaned up a bit.  She was REALLY looking quite shabby, what with not bein' washed for at least two weeks... on account o' because it just ain't smart to drive a convertible with a leaky top through the car wash.  Like this:


Would you believe that video has been viewed 812 times?  S'true, Gentle Reader.  I think it's coz of my wonderful harmonizing with Keef on rhythm gee-tar.

8 comments:

  1. I just love how creative you can get with the mundane aspects of life...one of the traits that makes you a captivating blogger.

    ...cruising with you "sounds" like a good time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd have never thought of that... shooting a video as I went through the carwash, that is. I do occasionally think about washing the car. Thinking about it expends the least amount of energy.

    I have just the music for it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This Global Cooling is evidence of Global Warming. I gave up trying to make sense of the bolsheviks a long time ago: just go burn a tire. Mix your trash together. Do laundry during forbidden hours. Bury a youth in the rose bed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Red: You make me blush, Darlin'.

    Skip: I get these wild hairs from time to time...

    ...just go burn a tire.

    I burnt two cigars today... does that count?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Temps here in Texoma have been in the 80 - 90's. I noticed people breaking out their long sleeves or ladies at Wal-mart buying fake fall flowers. I'm beginning to wonder if the heat affected their minds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 91 at 2040 Local in the High Desert. Warm.
    Nice video buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 812 times. Really? I mean, like all the way through 812 times?

    HA! WV: malarki

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm beginning to wonder if the heat affected their minds.

    I'd think so.

    Glenn: You're too danged hot for me. The nicest thang about THPoNM is that it ALWAYS cools down in the evening. Always.

    812 times. Really? I mean, like all the way through 812 times?

    I'm only tellin' you what YouTube told me. I don't think YouTube tracks how long someone watches sumthin', only that they watched it... in part or all the way. The fact the video is of such high quality leads me to believe EVERYONE watched it all the way through, and some watched it several times. Like me.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.