Thursday, July 14, 2011

Potpourri

Let's get the politics out o' the way first:


Heh.  Secret note to Barry:  It ain't workin', asshat.  All your stupid-ass ploy is doin' is increasing my active dislike for yo ass, as if THAT were possible.


―:☺:― 

More Google secret word stuff:


Google scares me sometimes.
―:☺:― 

Today is Bastille Day, or the 221st birthday of the First, Second, Third, and Fourth Republics.  Or are they up to five now?  One loses count, not that that matters.  I have some happy memories of cool military parades down the Avenue des Champs-Élysées when the Ol' Man was stationed in Paris.  What eight-to-eleven year old boy doesn't like that sorta thang?  (One more thang... if you embiggen the picture you get a better view of those shiny yet out of focus helmets on the horse-guards behind Monsieur Le President's personnel carrier.  I had one of those.)

So... Vive La France!

―:☺:― 

Speaking of...   the US women beat the French women in the semi-finals of some apparently Big Sporting Deal a day or so ago.  But David Burge speaks for me on this subject...
iowahawkblog: I won't cheer for the US women's soccer team until they (a) stop discriminating against men, and (b) stop playing soccer. 
Heh.

10 comments:

  1. Do you suppose there may be a live person monitoring what we post and comment about? Then, they create topic appropriate v-words...

    I want that job!





    v-word = gonimhs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what he's talking about, there's definitely a couple of dudes on that team.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bit of a French theme you have running through this one. Derriere to Bastille Day to beating the French soccer team. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say that I really don't mind P.BO continuing to make a horse's ass of himself; because I think finally perhaps the American people are starting to notice that the emperor is stark naked.

    I do however fear the damage P.BO is doing and will continue to do; Rome is burning and his fiddle is tuned up and ready to go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love women's soccer. Of course, I just want to win the World Cup and rip my shirt off and show my sports bra. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with ya, Lou!

    Didn't France once have a naked emperor, too?

    Google is scary indeed sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ivan: I've often suspected as much, in re: live person.

    Andy: Heh. And thank ya!

    Kris: The problem is his base is eating this stuff UP. I'm an inveterate Charlie Rose fan, despite his liberal tendencies... and his coverage of all this "debt ceiling crisis" krep is driving me NUTS.

    Lou: Interesting. Heh. ;-)

    Moogie: You, too (in re: interesting). France had a number of emperors, none of which I can recall as nekkid. As pictured for posterity, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It really does make you wonder about the Magic Word Thingy at times. There (or should that be their) are times when it is down right scary how the word matches the comment you make, and that word is up before you make them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are ya SURE the word is there BEFORE you comment, Anon? I'm not.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cartoon, how appropriate as it fits our cinc to a tee.
    I may watch the Women's World Cup Final on Sunday. The ladies are playing at peak form.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.