Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Russian Roulette

That would be our game today, played between our awning and the ever-present wind.  Regarde:


My awning is supposedly safe up to and including 20-sumthin' mph winds.  You'll note from the graphic above that Cannon Airplane Patch is reporting wind gusts of 31 mph, which is in my awning's Red Zone.  Yet it is still down, shading El 'Muerto en el Agua' Casa Móvil de Pennington from Ol' Sol's harsh glare.  And it IS harsh, indeed.

Summer isn't due to be upon us for another two weeks but it certainly feels like summer outdoors at the moment, seasonal definitions and the Farmer's Almanac be damned.  It's not all that bad, actually.  Those warm breezes mitigate the mid-90 degree temps and it's actually quite comfortable outdoors.  I shall be goin' back outside with the second installment of today's Happy Hour immediately after puttin' this post up, mainly coz we need to keep an eye on the winds and be able to react (i.e., furl the awning) if things get TOO breezy.

3 comments:

  1. It has been "warm" here - in the triple digits, unfortunately. Summer is here. The wind was one of the big problems with our sailing weekend - just a bit too much for our first time out in over a year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I drew some serious glares when someone said "Where's the sun?" a few days ago, and I replied with "Where's the SNOW!"

    I hate the humidity of New England in the summer, and it's just getting started...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lou: We haven't had our first 100 degree day yet... officially. But WeatherUnderground said we hit 100 yesterday. I believe 'em.

    Matt: I hate humidity, too. The lack of it is one of the biggest virtues of living where I do.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.