Sunday, June 12, 2011

Hot!

But not as hot... or miserable... as other places in these United States.  Hot enough, though.  Witness:


Didja catch the "feels like 91" bit?  The heat index in the miserable parts of the country usually adds five, six, or even ten degrees to the air temperature.  Not here, which is a bennie of the six percent relative humidity.  Yes, Gentle Reader... that's SIX percent.  There's no mold around here...

―:☺:―

Speakin' o' "hot" or would that be "hawt?"  Today is The Second Mrs. Pennington's birthday, in which she celebrates completing 55 trips around the sun.  Here's an excerpt from the "Happy Happy" message I sent her today...
But... Happy Birthday.  You've aged well, far above your female peers... at least the ones I know.  That said, you'll always be 19 in my mind's eye, Paula.  Life was VERY good when you smiled at me like that.
Just to keep ya from chasin' all around EIP... here's the linked picture:


Just 19 and she had the world by the ass, even at that tender age.  She had ME by the ass, as well... but leave us not go there.  And didn't she have the most pinchable cheeks?

9 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Paula. I have to admit it is a fun picture.

    It is warm here with a bit more humidity. And the wind is still blowing. Dang!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're at a balmy 85, which puts it somewhere well north of the predicted 81, still working on the relative humidity... currently 36%. I won't mention the wind because there is none.
    I'm perfectly willing for it to stabilize where it is right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We got a break today, only 88 degrees and a nice breeze.
    Nice words for the birthday greeting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to admit it is a fun picture.

    It was a fun time, Lou. But you know that.

    Skip: I'm envious. "Balmy" ain't a word I'd use to describe our WX at the moment.

    Ed: Thanks for the nice words about the words. I got a decent reply, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Buck, so much content...and so little detail...

    Sigh.

    I mean, Portales Gods should at least write out DETAILS!

    Just sayin'...

    Yeah, it's hotter here than there. But, we could blog all day about the weather...one-up each other, etc. That sucks! Been done.

    Cute chick. And, as I understand, a good Mama, too. Seems you snagged two in that arena.

    Oh shit! You ain't gonna believe the WV: forefers

    I'm taking a screenshot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Buck, so much content...and so little detail...

    Hunh? Detail? What am I missing here? Or rather, what are YOU missing?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Or rather, what are YOU missing?

    Nyuk!

    Taking this off blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There was a lady in the paper today who was really good looking (natural, no bizarre), and then in the article it said she was 55.

    I looked again, and then at me in the mirror, and then at her, and decided she has taken on life responsibly, while I have emptied every bottle of booze put before me.

    Happy birthday to TSMP!

    WV: brapp (tommy gun)

    ReplyDelete
  9. There's hope for ya, Anon. TSMP can drink me under the table and yet she still looks 40, or less.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.