Monday, June 06, 2011

As Pretty a Goal as You'll EVER See

Brad Marchand, short handed:


Marchand should have got TWO points for that one... one for the goal and one for an assist on the off-the-boards pass to himself.  Sah-WEET.

So... the Bruins found their game tonight and beat the stuffing out of the Canucks, 8-1.  I don't know why Alain Vigneault didn't pull Luongo after that fifth goal, or even the fourth.  I sure would have, but mebbe that's why I'm a blogger and not a hockey coach.

I went on the record in a couple o' places today as rooting for the B's tonight.  I don't have a dog in this fight and I really, truly don't care who wins it all.  I just want to see the Finals go deep... seven games would be the best of all possible worlds, in my book.  That's a distinct possibility, assuming the Bruins continue to play the rest of the series like they played tonight.  More power to 'em!

4 comments:

  1. I know someone named Sullivan who's a lot happier. Your "Sah-WEET" almost does that play justice. But then there really aren't the words necessary to glorify it.
    By default I am rooting for the B's. However whenever winter ends here I may have to ignore the indoor sports entirely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of the antics during the "fight scenes" were entertaining to say the least. It was a good game, lots of talent on the ice last night. Definitely a happy night here in Bruin's land.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Bruins got really fired up over that hit early in the game. The CanYUCKS pretty much gave up once they were behind.

    It was a whooping they got, the Bruins also took advantage of knocking them back on their heels.

    I don't see the next game going like this.

    I think the hit Horton got, and Rome's ejection both brought the CanYUCKs down some. While it had the opposite effect on the Bruins.

    I don't have a dog in the fight, but I really, really, REALLY can't stand Boston fans. They are almost as bad as Philly fans. Its the small city syndrome, and so I don't want the Bruins to win it all. That, along with the ESPeeN heads exploding when their team loses, makes it sweeterer. heh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know someone named Sullivan who's a lot happier.

    Heh. MUCH happier than after games one and two, methinks!

    Alison: The game WAS highly entertaining, except for that Rome hit on Horton. Horton's done for the season and the B's needed him.

    I don't see the next game going like this.

    Neither do I, Anon. I'm thinkin' the B's might want to reallocate about half of last night's eight goals into games four and five. But at least it looks like we have a series!

    re: B's fans. One could make the same case about Wings fans... and LOTS of people do... coz we're EVERYWHERE and attend a lot of Dee-troit's away games. One could also make that same case about Avs fans (and I do), Blackhawks fans (and I do), yadda, yadda. You already mentioned Flyers fans, so I didn't. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.