Sunday, May 15, 2011

Quote of the Day

OK, it's not your fault that you are not a hockey fan. Some people were simply born without souls (though John Cummins might see it as a life choice). You really shouldn't blame yourself for being an anti-social lone gunman/stalker type.

Besides, it's still possible to fit in if you really want to. Just learn to sprinkle the conversation with a few key points and you, too, can pass yourself off as a Canucks fan.
First runner up, from the same source:
Periodically, a man who looks like Col. Sanders' angry brother will appear on screen, dressed in a suit that appears to have been sewn from the Von Trapps' drapes by Fraulein Maria, or perhaps Colin and Justin.
This is Don Cherry, whom Canadians voted into seventh place on the CBC's list of greatest Canadians, one spot behind Lester Pearson and just ahead of Sir John A. Macdonald. Think of this the next time you laugh at Americans for voting for Sarah Palin.
Heh.  Read the whole thing if'n you're a hockey fan; those without souls may take a pass.  That said... I can't believe my luck today.  I find a guy who snarks both at non-hockey fans AND Mrs. Palin in the same piece and that's hard to do!  I think we'll kick off Happy Hour early to celebrate.  I have to get in the proper mood for the first WCF game, eh?  (It must be said:  Mrs. Palin IS a hockey fan and I give her props for that.) 

Beer me!

(h/t:  The Usual [hockey] Source)

Added somewhat later:  So I was scrolling down through the photos at the Palin link above and came upon this:


Thank The Deity At Hand for small favors.

6 comments:

  1. When we lived down in McAllen, TX, someone told me that you either love The Valley or you hate it. Well, I loved the Valley, but it was not my home. Likewise - I like hockey, but it is not my soul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, snap!!

    Great poster.

    ReplyDelete
  3. B's down 0 - 1, and it were not pretty. We'll see what happens Tuesday. Methinks perhaps the Lightning have too much talent at forward for 'em, but...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Likewise - I like hockey, but it is not my soul.

    Heh. And you're not Canadian, either. There are 17 questions about hockey on the Canadian citizenship naturalization test, yanno? ;-)

    Moogie: Yeah.

    Jim: I watched your B's and I think they're gonna lose this series.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is the O actually a fan of hockey? I wonder. It is, after all, a really violent sport. And we know how much he eschews the use of same, even agonizing overnight about taking out OBL. But, if he is, he's probably in the Blackhawks' camp.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just can't see Barry as a hockey fan, Dan, although he did put a good show on when the Blackhawks were at the White House. But that's all part of his job.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.