Friday, April 15, 2011

To Whom It May Concern...

Thank you.  A thousand thank-yous!  You turned off the wind machine and we are MOST grateful... so much so that we shall have our second beer in your honor today, whoever you are.  This is what the WX guys out at Cannon Airplane Patch say our current conditions look like:


But they LIE, coz it's as close to dead still as it gets around here... AND it's cool.  There's no need for the awning today; we shall sit and read on the verandah in direct sun.  And we'll love it.

Speakin' of love... imagined, in this case... we picked up our eye-meds at the Cannon pharmacy earlier this afternoon and indulged in a lil snappy repartee with a young female Master Sergeant who was working behind the counter.  The good sergeant had THE most fetching manner about her, including sparkly dark eyes and a melodious and lilting laugh.  They sure don't make MSgts like they used to... and I'm thinkin' that's a GOOD thing in this particular case.  The lady made my day. 

7 comments:

  1. How come you didn't file that under "Not Your Father's Air Force?"

    We are getting your wind today - big time! In fact this may be one of the worst days yet, although it is cooler. Lawton is having some serious grass fires.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good that the wind machne is off and you can enjoy outdoor happy hour today. We're forecast to get another couple of inches of you guessed it, snow, over night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I don't know why were surprised about the repartee with the fetching Master Sargeant, you seem to have a wondeful sense of humor.
    You steppin' out on me Buck? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How come you didn't file that under "Not Your Father's Air Force?"

    Well, that thang about the distaff MSgt was more of an aside, no? And wind and grass fires are an UGLY combo.

    Wow, Deb... MORE snow? Aiiieee!

    As for "steppin' out"... I'll just repeat to you what TSMP used to say to me: "You know what the difference between me and Linda Ronstadt is? I'm here." ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about the wind, I forgot I left it on when I went out to dinner.
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. 7 tornadoes in central Arkansas on Friday. One jumped right over the Son's house. That's a pretty big bullet to dodge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad he's OK, Moogie. Tornadoes ain't NUTHIN' to mess with.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.