Thursday, April 14, 2011

Bitch, Bitch, Bitch

Stop, already!
A High Wind Warning remains in effect until 8 PM MDT this evening.

* Location... the east Central Plains... including the Interstate 40 corridor.

* Winds... west winds will gradually shift out of the northwest at 35 to 45 mph with gusts around 60 mph.

* Timing... wind speeds will continue to strengthen through mid day then remain strong through the afternoon. Speeds will then weaken below hazardous levels a few hours after sunset.

* Visibility... blowing dust will drop visibility below 1 mile at times in dust prone locations.

* Local impacts... winds of this magnitude can cause property damage and could down a few trees and power lines. Secure loose objects like lawn furniture. Dangerous Crosswinds will develop on north to south and northeast to southwest oriented roads.
Lately it seems like it's one day out and the next day in, all because of this gotdamned wind!


I suppose I should go outside and secure the chairs before they end up over in Amarillo.  I hate this shit.

11 comments:

  1. I'll see your wind and raise you 8" of snow that magically appeared over night. That heavy, wet, heart-attack inducing, Gott-dammed, miserable shite!
    /rant off

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be REALLY hard for me to choose at the moment, Deb. This shit gets old after a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so agree with you about the wind. I hate getting my tousled hairstyle blown about. ;-)

    And it's Spring - we've all just been waiting for these days so we can sit outside in the sun without being blown into another state.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think some of you understand the wind that we have been dealing with - for weeks now. It is so dry here and the wind is blowing hot. The air here is filled with dirt; in Bucks world the air is red sand. I actually thought I might want to make a visit to Deb in Calgary and deal with some snow for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well said, Lou. I sometimes forget most people haven't been down this way and aren't familiar with all the damned dust that accompanies the wind.

    Red: Ab-so-freakin'-LUTELY about wantin' to be outside!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You: Is the wind in New Mexico worse than North Dakota wind?

    Us: Snow in April? in Calgary? really? wot?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lou, give Deb a hug for us all.

    Buck, I think I may have mentioned that I once nearly had a U-Haul truck I was driving blow over on 40 between Clines Corners & ABQ. And, that Pam once rode a medivac prop into ABQ, and was sick for a few days.

    Yeah, I've mentioned that...

    No kidding though, even here in NW LA, where we rarely get much high wind (unless it's twisting) after mid-March, it's been blowing like crazy. At least we've had some rain...Jeepers, I bet you, Lou, and Staci are thoroughly sandblasted by now. I reckon it'll pass. Probably...Maybe...Probably not.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Andy, you joke, but I'm goin'!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't ALWAYS joke, Lou. I know you've got that ramblin' fever, so it wouldn't surprise me at all!

    Take pictures...

    ReplyDelete
  10. marc: You can't compare the NoDak and NM wind. When I was up in NoDak we used to joke that the only thing between us and the North Pole was a dozen barbed-wire fences... coz the winter wind was SO damned brutal. But down this way it's the hot, dusty Spring and summer variety of winds Lou spoke of, with emphasis on the dust.

    And I feel for both you and Deb when it comes to your late snow. Really. I DO. Mainly coz I saw snow on Mothers Day when I lived in western Noo Yawk.

    eepers, I bet you, Lou, and Staci are thoroughly sandblasted by now.

    It ain't the sand as much as the freakin' DUST, which gets into and on every-damned-thing. I HATE cleaning house and I've had to do WAAAY too much of that lately.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.