Thursday, March 31, 2011

Public Service Announcement

An Occasional Correspondent sends this along...
NOTE:  I checked with SNOPES and this really does work.
 
With all the fear of radiation fallout from Japan, I thought it might be useful to tell you about a cheap, effective, homemade radiation tester you can easily assemble and rely upon.
 
Just follow these simple instructions:
 
TAKE A BAG OF ORVILLE REDENBACHER MICROWAVE POPCORN; LEAVE IT ON YOUR KITCHEN COUNTER.
IF IT STARTS POPPING, YOU'RE SCREWED

See?  It's not just used for fire detection any more.  
Heh.  In re: fire detection.  We've set off the smoke alarm in El Casa Móvil De Pennington more than once while nuking  some of Orville's best.  Why is it I never learn?

7 comments:

  1. You know, the fake butter they put in there smells so horrible before it's popped, but so good after the fact.

    ...I kinda like my pop corn a little burnt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nuthin' like the smell of burnt popcorn! I no longer nuke my popcorn. The old fashioned oil and popcorn in a pan is the only way to go. If we are going, might as well have good popcorn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matt: There's a VERY fine line between "slightly burnt" and "inedible." I can't ever hit that...

    Lou: I'm ALL about expediency these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. NYUK! Linkin' over at Mr. FacedBook right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jiffy Pop! Easy and fun, and you control it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a purist, like Lou. Sadly, popcorn must be only an occasional treat these days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Andy: I'm always glad to help Facebook out... at any time and in any way possible. Heh.

    Jim: I ate a LOT o' Jiffy Pop as a kid.

    Moogie: That popcorn is an occasional treat IS sad, but I understand.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.