Friday, February 04, 2011

Today's Happy Hour Soundtrack

New to me... some Geezer Rock (well, it ain't rock, really) from CSN&Y:



I'll admit I haven't kept up with either Crosby, Stills, and Nash OR Neil Young for the last few years and this song is over ten years old.  But the tune resonates with me because it sounds like "Old Neil," which is to say it would have fit in nicely on "Harvest," "Zuma," "Comes a Time" or any other of Neil's albums that are 30 years old... or older.  I was a MAJOR fan of Mr. Young in the way-back and sort of a minor fan of CSN(&Y) in the very early days (think: "Suite: Judy Blue Eyes").  We have posted quite a few reminisces about good times as we knew them and Neil and stuff over the life of EIP.  So this fit rather well today.

―:☺:―

Apropos of cold and frozen stuff... I was horrified to find my Humi-Pillows were all frozen solid when I went to select a cigar for today's Happy Hour.  Closer inspection revealed my cigar stash appears to be in good shape but freezing these sticks... about 50 of 'em... couldn't have done them any good.  Everything seems to be intact; yet another bullet dodged.  And so it goes.

6 comments:

  1. Very nice music - my kind of stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, you could give 'em as gifts...the cigars I mean.

    Glad all is well. Back to real life, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lou: Those were my thoughts... egg-zactly.

    Andy: The cigars are good to go and NO one is gettin' 'em except me. And honored guests. Real life is GOOD, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Buck, somehow I knew those babies weren't going to go anywhere. Tho' not a cigar person myself, I remember the days when my Dad smoked them and when we were kids he'd send us over to the local gas station to get a pack for him (course that was when it was ok to send kids across the street by themselves and ok for them to purchase tobacco for their parents!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Geezer Rock- CSN&Y were great for the times. 30 years...seem like just yesterday!
    Man we gotta be gettin old. Maybe they will play it on the P.A. system at Happy Acres Rest Home!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deb: I'd have been REALLY pissed if those cigars had been ruined. We're talking about a not-insignificant amount of money here, not to mention the fact that good cigars are impossible to find in these parts.

    Ed: I'm SURE CSN&Y have already been "muzaked." Hell, the Beatles are elevator music now, so why not CSN&Y?

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.